What did you do during this arctic weather in America?

I, for one, snuffed A LOT. I also ate a lot of great wintry foods my wife made-- Belgian stew, pork pie, rolladen, and others… I took care of our rooster and hen-- who decided to hatch 8 chicks week before last. We ended up having to bring the following indoors — 10 chickens total, 1 85 lb English foxhound Daisy, 3 Maine Coon cats-- Flo, Frielich and Moe. So all-in there were 18 bodies in this little house! I got 4 of our transport drivers out of Michigan and Indiana who’d been frozen in for 3 straight days— that was no small task. I successfully insulated our 100 year old well and it DID NOT freeze-- so I was really stoked about that. And I chatted some about snuff and pipes with you guys.

1 Like

I loaded up my car with snuff and pipe tobacco and drove to Florida . Stopped at JR along the way and bought some more :smiley:

@Snuff Hunter Which JR you stop at?

Selma NC Exit 97 off of i95 They had around a dozen types of dry snuffs available below is a list that I can remember they might have had some more Dental plain Dental sweet Navy sweet Navy. Plain Railroad sweet Railroad plain Rose tube Peach Square Garrett sweet Garret regular Society

hauled wood, shoveled snow, slept, hauled wood, shoveled snow, slept, hauled wood, shoveled snow, slept. See the word ‘slept’ a few times and it starts looking funny.

@Snuff Hunter I live only 7 miles from the Statesville NC one :slight_smile: Yup, get all my Scotches there as well as any pipe tobacco that can be imagined :slight_smile:

WoS Winter Warmer WoS Chili Chocolate Doolali Tap and for really cold days Bohica

Well I live in San Francisco, so the weather is never freezing, just cold and damp year around. I did receive a 50g tin of Moro Moro snuff among other snuff.

Just work, work work… It is winter after all and cold is part of that… Oh and the ol woolies were a good idea!!!

I am not living in America, but we do have cold winters in Poland sometimes. There is nothing better than schmalzlers in these days of ice and snow. But this year it is different. It snowed once in November, and in Christmas it was about 10 degrees Celsius - while usually it is minus 10 degrees Celsius … But I do not complain. I hate snow, ice, all the Winter stuff.

I was sick with bronchitis for 4 weeks…

^ have you tried smoking mullein, the stuff does wonders for your respiratory system

^ True that— also good for ear infections!

Sat around and enjoyed frozen pipes and sewage. Had the heat on full blast. Also hick plumbers who tried to fix the frozen plumbing by plunging it like it was clogged. I won’t turn my heat on anymore since pipes froze anyway, nothing burst, and the leasing company didn’t do anything. I just wear a jacket inside. Baseboard heat sucks and I don’t feel like paying 150+ a month to heat a one-bedroom apartment.

Plowing endless snow in Northern Colorado, a.m., p.m., early, late, on the old john deere, burning diesel, breaking shear pins on the 7ft blower, leaking hydraulic fluid, adding more from the heated tack room in barn, snuffing Dr. Rumney’s, Swami, Bijli, Golden, , then switch to F&T snuff, any one will do… then back out to plow snow. It’s only january, but I’m totally sick of winter. It’s like 6 months long here, and if wasn’t so beautiful, it would really suck.

On the 8th, coldest day so far, I didn’t go outside but been out in it since ,dress in layers and hope you don’t have to pee.

Well my fellow Americans… seems we’ll be in for another spell of it soon enough-- hunker down

Oh you have got to be kidding me? I have barely been able to breathe with the cold air. Once it hits 40°F I can’t even walk at a brisk pace without the air destroying my lungs. I am just starting to get relief and it is coming again?! Staying inside does not help either because my heating unit dries the air out so much in the house that it screws with my lungs to the point of I start every morning by taking a nebulizer treatment! Sorry, I had to get that rant out…Winter is not kind to the severe asthmatic…

Oh you have got to be kidding me? I have barely been after to breathe with the cold air. Once it hits 40°F I can’t even walk at a brisk pace without the air destroying my lungs. 40°F is 4°C - I wish we had such a warm winters in Poland. :smiley:

Oh dear gods…I’d have to walk around with a respirator on just to keep my lungs from collapsing.