Why is snuff so hard to find?

Hey all … was wondering why snuff is so hard to find? I’ve called and visited many tobacco shops in my area and all I found was one shop who had Silver Dollar snuffs and the attendant was not even aware that it was there until I found it myself! The only other place I’ve seen was Mr. Snuff … but like a good american consumer I prefer instant gratification. I put in an order a few weeks ago and am waiting patiently for it to come in. There has got to be a better way though …

It’s easy to find - all mine is just to the left of me, <<< over there. Seriously, it’s not that easy to find in the UK either, there’s a tobacconist in Salisbury, Wiltshire that does it, another in Reading, Berkshire, one in Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex, Rennie Goth’s up in Colne, Lancashire, but so many tobacconists listed on search engines turn out to be places that sell cigs.

well, in the usa it’s a combination of the popularity of the internet putting b&m stores out of business and laws that prohibit mail order and large taxes in some states. The few tobacconists left stock what sells.

1 Like

Also in the USA its pretty much unknown in the general public, and hence not very popular.

1 Like

Yeah like Xander says in the US the only “snuff” people know of is the kind you put in your cheeks. Though people in the south may have vague memories of their grandmothers sniffing snuff or talking about it (I’ve met maybe three people who said something like that).

1 Like

yeah I discovered snuff because my tobacconist turned me onto it. Cause he knew I loved trying new tobacco. Sadly hard to find a store like even before the internet. They sold one box of dean swift every 2 or three months. So even with a fiend like me around not much demand.

So it seems like Mr Snuff is really the best way, right? That and maybe networking here.for trades and such?

MRSNUFF is excellent to deal with and has about the best selection your likely to find anywhere.Gotten several orders from them and have nothing but good things to say. I feel your pain though.When I first started out it drove me friggin crazy how hard it was to come up with any snuff locally.Now to be honest I kinda like that its hard to find…makes me feel like Im in on a very well kept secret.

@outlawmobile , thats a good way to look at it, lol.

Because I keep it all for myself,well hidden. I have most of them and before my time comes I will have all of them. >:)

1 Like

Mr Snuff is the best way to go for anyone living in the US. The best selection, price and service. Toque is also very good, and they have a fantastic selection of their own products, which also are excellent. Just my two cents…

Blame it on the free market system… So few of us use it that retailers don’t want to take up shelf space when they can stock things with more demand, faster turnaround time and a higher profit margine.

1 Like

I guess for me, being in the southern US, its a little easier to find but to only find american scotch snuff. I was able to get my local shop to special order a box of Silver Dollar from a US distributor and I have ordered from Snusory.com which has great delivery times and customer service, and I will definitely try MrSnuff very soon. But yes, I also find it difficult to get a hold of.

Mr snuff certainly delievered for me, but it took nearly two weeks to get to me. I was pleased with the package just wished it was a better turn around time. Ill check snussory.com too … maybe they have better times.

@MadMonk The time it takes is all dependent on Customs. Some orders have been at my door in 5 days and others have taken 3 weeks. (others here have had it take even longer) So anywhere overseas you order will all depend on Customs.

which means order early

And order often :slight_smile:

oh yeah and it’s easier to steal then other tobacco products because of the size of the packaging. I’ve heard that expressed too. Not even stolen by snuffers but broke cigarette smokers and random punks. Yet unlike cigs it’s hard to see what it is when it’s hiding behind a counter.

order more snuff than you need every time. If you use 100 grams a month then order 200 grams. This insures you won’t run out. Snuff is a luxury commodity No one needs snuff but it is nice to have.Someone commented before about members being short on funds, I felt bad because I been there, and apologized. I only made a suggestion and was nail to a cross

1 Like

I think thats a good point, no one needs snuff and its not a bad idea tonorser more.than what.you will use so you have a reserve. That will be my rational anyhow for placing a mr snuff order tomorrow as well as buying a bit from @kaiser_wilhelm.