Where Can I Buy Snuff? On Vacation? Traveling? In My Town?

Please post any questions relating to where you have found snuff, or where you can buy it here.

In Billings Montana most all the smoke shops carry snuff. No big selection but you have great chance to find silver dollar. You can even find tube rose, Garrett scotch/sweet, dental sweet/Scotch but they are spread out between the half dozen shops around town.

In the Hampton Roads area of southeastern Virginia all of the Food Lion grocery stores keep a stock of: Dental Plain, Bruton, Tube Rose, Navy, Square, Superior, Society, Railroad Mills, Peach, Garrett, Tops, and Honey Bee As far as the tobacco shops, the selections are pitiful and anything they may have you can get at the Food Lion. I have yet to find a shop that has anything other that Railroad mills or tube rose and an occasional honey bee or navy

1 Like

Anyone know any tobacconists in the Houston area that stock snuff? I can find Garrett Scotch and Sweet at HEB, but that’s it.

Anywhere in Sheffield, UK? or perhaps penistone? im after menthol snuff really as my hedges might run out.

In Middle Tennessee pretty much all tobacco shops have Scotches and Sweets. There is only one place in Nashville that has a small selection of Wilsons and a few Silver Dollars and Dean Swifts. Ellington Place Pipe and Tobacco. www.smokinpipes.com

Anywhere in Sheffield, UK? or perhaps penistone? im after menthol snuff really as my hedges might run out.

Sharrow Mills? Not far outside Sheffield.

@buistd i emailed, and they say they dont have an open shop or anything.

In the past I’ve ordered by phone and collected snuff from the mill. Not sure if they still do that. Probably worth a phone call to find out.

Im on a trip to southern Tennessee near Nashville, and am hoping to find some of the snuff that aren’t available up north, like Checkerberry or Dixie. Does anyone know of a good place? Maybe a chain that would carry such things? I can find all the garret stuff at home but no swisher brands.

Places I have personally seen and purchased snuff in the US: [State] – [Town/City] – [Address/Rough Location] – [Name of Store] – [Snuff Brand(s) Found: Scents] +Colorado – Fort Collins – 177 N College Ave. – Al’s Newsstand – Silver Dollar: Apricot, Natural, Original, Raspberry, Vanilla +Colorado – Fort Collins – 1232 W Elizabeth St., Suite C-12 – Smokey Monkey – W.E. Garrett & Sons: Sweet Snuff +Connecticut – Danbury – 279 Main St. – Ed’s Cigar Box – Railroad Mills: Plain Scotch, Sweet Scotch; Society: Sweet Scotch +Texas – El Paso – 745 S. Mesa Hills Dr.; 1201 Airway Blvd. Suite D-5 – Tobacco Tin – Silver Dollar: Apricot, Original, Raspberry, Spearmint; W.E. Garrett & Sons: Scotch Snuff, Sweet Snuff Pardon all of the OCD :stuck_out_tongue: On a recent trip to Connecticut, I was stunned by the multitudes of tobacconist shops. I wanted to explore all of them, but time was in far too short of supply. It almost seemed as though there was a pipe & cigar in every shopping center!

In the USA, American snuffs can usually be found in coal mining towns.

Warsaw near the airport? Brother is in Poland for a day here and says he’ll swing by a tobacconist on the way out. Thanks!!

Not many tobacconists left in the UK compared to when I was a kid. In my home town of Walsall, if any fellow-Midlander snuffers are stuck there with no supply, the Chocolate Box confectioners in Bridge Street has Red Bull, Gawith Apricot, and JHW No1. Shokers on Stafford Street has JHW No1 & Medicated No99, Hedges and some WoS - I got vanilla, aniseed extra and aniseed & eucalyptus there. Under previous management they had Ozona raspberry, too, but no more by the looks of things. There’s one more place I need to check out; I’ll take the bus journey and report on availability.

Is there any shops selling snuff in York in the UK?on holiday and would love to buy from a shop in the street.

@snuffykib Choice Select on the corner of Coppergate and Nessgate.

cheers ermtony,going to jorvik center tomorrow and that’s on coppergate.ill check it out.

ill let you know what i find.many thanks.

yes they have some,wos,f&t and hedges.not many left but had hedges in sealed 20gram tins,so went for a tin because they are the freshest being sealed up.very similar to o&g.happy days.

Glad it worked out.