Mr. Snuff MIA

Well the site is missing on my searches! Go Daddy.

The website has moved to mistersnuff.com instead of mrsnuff.com. I don’t know why.

Yes that link worked. Wonder what is up? Still unable to establish anything other than that the Dynamite is listed under menthol’s on the Wilson site, but that site has always been minimal as far as a source for reviews and descriptions.

we shifted to https://mistersnuff.com/ for version 4.0 in case of major problems. The idea was we could switch it all back to V3.0 in such a case. It appears to be working fine so we have pointed mrsnuff to mistersnuff for the time being. Now we have to update mrsnuff then shift back to that site, and then point mistersnuff to mrsnuff. I hope that makes sense. @whalen: are you having problems with the new site? Or just that Dynamite has no reviews?

@MrSnuff - Both - Links were broken on this site to yours. So a quick attempt to research Dynamite sent me to Go Daddy link. Wilson’s site was, as usual, cryptic. And any review of Dynamite would help to answer my questions on whether to order, menthol is a waste of my time. While I am at it, the Snafu review mentions menthol, although I believe only the medicated has it. My current finances, and the shear amount of snuff staring back at me around here, has finally tempered my rampant TAD tendencies. Although you have done an excellent job of tempting me to distraction! As you know, we both share an attraction to a certain type of snuff, and I believe our day has begun, or more succinct, our prayers have begun to be answered. You, as always, have made my day. Keep it up, you are killing me here!

@MrSnuff: Hi there, I´m based in Germany and can´t reach the website for weeks now. Tested both links on different comps, access points and browsers. Few times I get “under construction” notifications, but most times just the blank site. Today I learned second hand in the chat, that another German fellow had problems too.

Maybe the name mistersnuff is just too formal for German internet providers. (lame joke hahaha)

@Vinc_van_Snuff I just can’t figure this one out. I tried logging in with via German proxy and it worked just fine. I will call our host tomorrow and see if they can figure it out. I am sorry for all the hassle. In the meantime you could try using a US proxy.

Now I´m using Snuff_Unblocker_V2.1_beta, a neat little program, that let me browse MrSnuff in total privacy. Any country. Any provider. That´s what the internet was made for! @MrSnuff:Chances are that both access points where the same provider, maybe that´s why the proxy you used worked. @joesnuffer: I could imagine other possible reasons beside, of all things, the name being to formal…come on, we´re talking about krauts here, are we? DOWN WITH TAP BOXES!!

@Vinc_van_Snuff DOWN WITH TAP BOXES!! hahahaha

@MrSnuff: Hi there, I´m based in Germany and can´t reach the website for weeks now. Tested both links on different comps, access points and browsers. Few times I get “under construction” notifications, but most times just the blank site. Today I learned second hand in the chat, that another German fellow had problems too.

Same from here (Barcelona, Spain) Since the change I always recieve a page that seems to be still in progress, don´t know if it would help but most of the headers are missing (TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS is what appears) and the ones in place are in spanish (currency appears as Moneda, Offers as Ofertas, etc. , only can access to some products (very few) and without pricing or photo, etc. Sure seems to be a regional thing, BTW I also tried from 3 different computers wiht Internet explorer and Mozilla, cleaned the cookies etc but without result.

I have had the same problem (Germany) with Chromium and Firefox Browser. Now I have installed Epiphany browser on my Ubuntu-Linux-Computer, and it just works fine with MrSnuff’s new website.

All of this helps and I really appreciate the input. My thoughts are it may be a problem with language modules which are installed but not active. There are only two language modules currently: German and Spanish. No surprise then that the two countries that are having problems are Spain and Germany. There may be a solution on the horizon.

Try this to force the site language to default to english. It is possible that being in Germany or Spain defaults to German and Spanish. https://mistersnuff.com/catalog/index.php?language=en Let me know if this works and we’ll work on a more permanent fix. Thanks. Dave

Wow. Yes, it works (for me). Thans Dave.

@uwe: thanks for the feedback. Looks like we are on the right track.

Just tried it from Spain, with the “force the site language” thing all seems to be fine! thanks!!!

The link only work for the front page for me, but all links lead to blank sites. Then I did: >Firefox >options >content >language and put [en-us] on top of that list, to force the browser to requests that version of the shop. With that setting even the shop banner link work now.

Mr.Snuff is no longer in existence, please refrain from shopping at that website. mwahaha now you will stop depleting the stock of snuffs so I can finally put my massive order in

@Vinc_van_Snuff: we are working on deleting out the language files. Our suspicion is that some isp’s do a check for language files and if they spot any the will default the site to that language. We have to work out a way to delete all reference to any other language so that the isp’s see nothing and revert to the default language. The other option of course is to replicate the site in German and Spanish. However with Chrome doing automatic translate of any foreign language site this is largely redundant effort.