Essential snuffs, that everyone should try

Maybe it’s a silly idea, but I think we could make a list of fundamental snuff types, which nobody should miss. Just post your tips and I will add them to this list in first topic. + Bespoke / Gin & Tonic + Bespoke / Christmas Joy + Bespoke / Stephan’s Tipple + DeKralingse / Latakia 1860 + DeKralingse / Latakia AP + DeKralingse / Latakia Oramge + DeKralingse / Latakia Peppermint + Dholakia / Ganga + Dholakia / Kamal + Dholakia / Manjul + Dholakia / Sparrow Green + Frederick Tranters / Regency + Fribourg &Treyer / High Dry Toast + Fribourg &Treyer / Irish High Toast + Fribourg &Treyer / Kendal Brown + Hedges / L260 + J. & H. Wilsons’s / Medicated 99 + J. & H. Wilsons’s / S.P. No. 1 + J. & H. Wilsons’s / Top mill No. 1 + Leonard Dingler / Magnet Peach + McChrystals / Original and Genuine + McChrystals / Raspberry + McChrystals / S.P. + Poeschl / Alpina + Poeschl / Gawith Apricot + Poeschl / Gletscherprise, Gletcherprise Extra + Poeschl / Kloster Andechs + Poeschl / Ozona Cherry + Poeschl / Ozona President + Poeschl / Ozona Raspberry + Poeschl / Packards Club + Rooster + Sant Antonio + Smith and Sons / Cafe Royale + Smith and Sons / Irish High Toast + Spanish Jewel + Square + Toque / Espresso + Toque / Chocolate + Toque / Original + Toque / Snus Ice + Tube Rose + W.E. Garrett / Scotch + W.E. Garrett / Rappee + Wilsons of Sharrow / Best SP + Wilsons of Sharrow / Crumbs of Comfort + Wilsons of Sharrow / Cherry Menthol + Wilsons of Sharrow / Irish High Toast No. 22 + Wilsons of Sharrow / Kendal Brown + Wilsons of Sharrow / Royal George + Wilsons of Sharrow / Strawberry + Wilsons of Sharrow / Tom Buck

McChrystals Original and Genuine DeKralingse Latakia 1860, Latakia Orange, Latakia AP and Peppermint (yes I love the latakia tobacco) Spanish Jewel F&T HDT Toque Chocolate Square Ozona Cherry These are my fav’s at the moment.

Levi Garrett Scotch & Rappee Rooster Spanish Jewel Stoker’s Plain Gletscherprise & Gletscherprise Extra Toque Espresso Toque Chocolate Wilsons Strawberry McChrystals Raspberry Poschl Alpina Poschl Kloster Andechs Frederick Tranters Regency Magnet Peach Bespoke Gin & Tonic

Spanish Jewel mc chrystal o&g packards club bespoke gin and tonic toque espresso toque snus ice toque is just good in general and so is bespoke from what i hear i’ve only had the gin and tonic but it is real good

all of them!

Wilsons: Tom Buck, Best SP, Irish High Toast No 22, Royal George Smiths - Cafe Royale, Irish High Toast Fribourg and Treyer, Irish High Toast J and H Wilson Top Mill No 1, SP Hedges L260 Toque original, Espresso My must try is Tom Buck

I am going out for beer right now, so I will update it later. I’m just afraid, that it would be better idea to make a list of those you should never try. This one is getting quite long.

Have one for me

Well if you make a list of ones never to try, I would have to say Chief Bull!!! BLEEEEEHHHH ;~{

both of which I like the rum and blackberry much more. Cheif bull is great in a crappy fake kind of way.

I’ve only had one tin of the rum and blackberry and I got a very clear blackberry scent with the slightiest hint of rum which seemed to catalyze the berry scent. It actualy reminded me very much of eating wild blackberries when I was a kid. Then I also found that if I did not sniff very lightly I couldn’t really smell much of the scent with it. Though it’s been a long time since I have had that one over a year.

Dont mean to be crude but this smells like…well, vomit, to me. I am Wilsons fan but this one I find very weird. After I take a pinch I just get that aforementioned aroma at the back of the flavour. Maybe I got a bad tin or something but this is now one of the unused cans in my collection

I agree, The Wilson’s Rum & Blackberry is one of the worst I’ve tried. It very well may be that I got an old tin, but it was horrible to me. I’m also not a fan of the Dean Swift offerings. Same thing though, I think the product I bought was most likely old, but it completely turned me off, and the 5 flavors of Dean Swift I purchased remain the only 5 tins i have ever thrown away.

I’ve not tried Dean Swift, I heard more than once that no one knows where its made!

The wilsons rum and blackberry is alright, but it’s pretty burney in the nose, and the drip tastes like rum.

All the Dean Swifts I’ve tried have been fairly good. I do like the GH Whiskey, Sandalwood & Dry Orange. And the Wilsons R & B I do take on occasion. Not one I would use everyday but I do come back to it.

I hate the deans snuffs except for maybe inch kenneth and deans own. I love wilsons Vanilla though it’s tin aroma is terrible I don’t know how it works it smells like poop in the tin and like creamy rich vanilla in the nose. I love the wilsons apricot I didn’t think I would love that one but I certainly do. As far as Dean S.P. which is as far as I can tell just clove smells great but I don’t trust snuffs that make my nose bleed.

I dont usually do menthol, but my son bought me some lowenprise whilst in Germany with his school. It has a great aniseed (or liqourice?) kick to it with a hint of menthol. Despite previous reservations, I find I like the odd pinch as I love aniseed - I used to buy aniseed balls (candy) when I was a kid and this is like inhaling one. Never thought I’d say this about a poschl but a must try snuff

I have to say that I love aniseed a lot too. and have wanted to try lowenprise since I heard of it.

Country Doctor by Frederick Tranter’s is a really nice aniseed snuff. I’ve got about 1/4lb left if anybody wants to try it, just give me a whisper.