is tom buck the same as queens extra strong?

Are they? I love Tom Buck and was going to place queens extra in my next order but just wanted to ask the veterans around here first if should even bother.

I think so, if not VERY close.

So the “extra” must mean extra tom buck :slight_smile:

I order Tom Buck Extra and received Tom Buck, I tried Queens Extra Strong and Tom Buck side by side and couldn’t find enough of a difference to order one over the other, I like the Tom Buck name better so I will get it if and when I reorder :slight_smile:

They are diffrent only by what label they put on it. The thing we’re not thinking about geography. One is for one market the other if for another market. If I remember correctily.

Is there even a Tom Buck extra? I tried to find it a while back but anything that said Tom Buck had this description “Tom Buck (extra)” but never had the word extra on any tin I received

There is no such thing as “Tom Buck Extra” There is no such thing as “Tom Buck Extra!” THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOM BUCK EXTRA!!! :-t Now write it a hundred times. Wilson’s has a subtitle for Tom Buck that you sometimes see: “Extra Strong SP” The only place you see Tom Buck Extra is a misprint. We’ve asked for it to be corrected. More than once. Yes Queen’s Extra Strong is the exact same thing as Tom Buck. Write that 1000 times.

1 Like

I didn’t know that when I made my first order of snuff over a year ago. I ended up with 20g of a really good SP instead of 10. I now just order Tom Buck but I can’t figure out why I’m partial to that name and others seem to be too. Probably just because it’s shorter.

I don’t know who I am quoting but I found this in a thread here. “Apparently why TB/QES has two names is that it’s a north/south English divide. They marketed macho sounding Tom Buck up north where there were a lot of mines and industrial areas, and went with the more dainty sounding Queen’s Extra Strong down south where there were less macho industries. That’s apparently how the tale goes maybe somebody could back me up one way or the other?”

That would be me I think Jux :-). Stefan

There is no such thing as “Tom Buck Extra” There is no such thing as “Tom Buck Extra!” THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOM BUCK EXTRA!!! :-t Now write it a hundred times. Wilson’s has a subtitle for Tom Buck that you sometimes see: “Extra Strong SP” The only place you see Tom Buck Extra is a misprint. We’ve asked for it to be corrected. More than once. Yes Queen’s Extra Strong is the exact same thing as Tom Buck. Write that 1000 times.

Tom Buck…EXTRA :slight_smile:

Buy both and decide for yourself . I purchased the Queen’s extra only because it was on page 2 You can never have enough Snuff!!!

but I can’t figure out why I’m partial to that name and others seem to be too. Probably just because it’s shorter.

or because Tom Buck is a manly name and Queens is well…less so…

Tom Buck for manly Northern men, Queens extra for soft Southern bed-wetters. That works for me.

1 Like

Heck I put Queens in a Tom Buck tin just so I look more manly. lol Don’t hold it against me. Tom Buck was out of stock last time I ordered.

@Snuffster - I live in Brighton, so of course I order Queen’s Extra Strong…

They are the same snuff under two different labels.

I can settle this … Best SP though I think that’s Tom Buck Extra also!!!

same snuff. There are several duplicates in the Wilsons’ line though I forget which now.

@MrSnuff don’t leave us hanging… :wink: I’m sure the fine people of Snuffhouse would love to know which of Wilson’s are duplicates. But maybe I’m the only “nosy” one here (please to excuse the bad pun).