How big is a GH pigtail exactly?

I’m putting in my second Mr.Snuff order in the next week or two and was thinking of throwing in one or two GH pigtails in since I do still chew occassion but the sizes are only listed as small, medium, and such, and I want to know how big a “small” actually is. And do I use the same amount as if I was biting off of a brick of Day’s Work or Sun Cured or something.

One i ordered was about the length and thickness of my thumb, another was the length and thickness of my pinky, so anywhere in there is about what you get.

That’s it? Seriously? Yeah, not worth 5-9 bucks. Thanks, man.

he might have huge hands and long fingers. You never know.

@Harlequin

only a small piece i did chop off before, here you go. small. pigtail.

Okay…I might get just one…still say it’s a little skimpy for 5 bucks worth.

it’s from what I’ve heard more then it looks like.

it’s from what I’ve heard more then it looks like.

I would second that. If you intend to chew on it, you need only a few THIN slices to get a HUGE rush of good´ol Vitamin N. 

If you going to enjoy it in your pipe, you have to do the same and use a small pipe. It is a long lasting burn. According to Mr. Nose you can first chew on day and then later dry it out and then a day after that, you can then smoke the stuff. 

From my experience, the whole taste thing is redudant.

The prepackaged Twists are rather on the small side.  Some varieties you can get in bulk from a tobacconist.  My shop carries the Brown Bogie, Sweet Rum Twist, Black Cherry Twist & Coconut Twist.  G&H also also offer a Sweet Maple Twist, but through a strange turn of ordering snafus, I don’t carry that one just yet.  I have had all the varieties offered in the U.S. and they are all fantastic.  They tend to run about $6 an ounce bulk, and cheaper if you buy it by the pound.  This is is compared to $6 for a quarter of an ounce in the packages.  Of course it’s nice to have the option to try the flavors they don’t regularly ship to the U.S., and for me, at least, paying a little bit more to get some of the coffee or banana flavored varieties is worth it.

Banana is the one I was actually considering. If it really only takes that small amount, I suppose the price/amount is justified enough.

@Harlequin, the reason it’s expensive is because tobacco is taxed like hell over here. I mean the cheapest pack of 20 fags round here is about £6/$11, and £4.50 of that, maybe more is tax.

Stefan

@Walrus1985 I hear you, we have the same over taxed tobacco bullshit here in Canada too. Over 3/4 of what we pay for tobacco is tax. A pack of cigs is $10-12 here and a tin of pipe baccy is like $25 and $30 for a tin of Dunhill which is less than $10 in the US. This is why nearly all of my pipe baccy was ordered from the US.

The gov´s like it to tax the hell out of tobacco and alcohol. 

of course they do they always have. And it’s much better then black market. It can also at least be reasonably argued that each causes social issues that would take money out of other places. I guess I’am saying yeah I don’t like it and I may even have opinion on it I won’t express here, but like all things there is a give and take going on which at  least has some logic behind it. And all things considered at least there are quality and affordable forms of both. I live in PA which has a very high tax on alcohol which to me is fine. Even though it’s a transparent State (guess technicaly common wealth) monopoly (they state that’s their intentions) the price of alcohol is nearly double most places, which is funny when I go to a city outside of PA like New York the bars are the only thing that gets cheaper. I guess I’am saying sure it sucks but there are much worse things.

@n9nine $30 for pipe baccy is outrageous! It’s not quite that bad here, about £11 for 50g of pipe baccy, but it’s expensive enough lol.

Stefan

On my last Mr. Snuff order I got a small GH Sweet Bananna and was at first disappointed at how little there was. The looks are a bit deceiving though. So far I smoked 3 bowls and still have over half left. It is really tasty and strong too. If I am feeling adventurous at a later date I may try it as chaw.

Just got 25g (about an ounce) of brown pigtail, black cherry from Mysmokingshop.co.uk for 5.30 gbp.Its about a foot long and half an inch thick. Nice, soft and easy to cut. I usually cut it into 1/10 inch slices and put it in my top lip like snus. Slow to start but when it gets going it is very strong. lasts for ages. Pigtail is the long thin version. Twist is the thick version. Why they flavour it is a bit of a mystery. Never tasted anything over the tobacco taste. A little goes a long way. If you have bought some an dont like it, dampen it with a little southern comfort for a couple of days and try again. It gets quite interesting.

Pigtail and twist generally is worth the money, small amount goes a long way and twist is the oldest form of tobacco, I think archaeologist found 30k old rope in South America. And you can chew it, smoke it in pipe or grind to snuff. Pure traditional genius!

@AllanH: might that be 3k year old rope? I believe the earliest date for man in the Americas is 13k years ago

@AllanH: might that be 3k year old rope? I believe the earliest date for man in the Americas is 13k years ago

@MrNose Could be. I think that date has been revised much earlier than thought before.