Snuffsupermarket.co.uk?

Has anyone used this site recently? As a newbie I was looking for UK suppliers, and found this site, but most of their stuff is out of stock. I saw that they had Pewter table snuff boxes reduced, but I don’t want to order and lose my money. Anyone know what the score is? Many thanks.

I don’t know anything about that site, but have you looked into Mr. Snuff? He’s based out of the UK I believe and has some great prices and quick shipping.

I never used it, but they have been there as long as I’ve been here at least. There are actually quite a few UK online snuff suppliers. All have been mentioned on this site at least once. I think ermtony has a good comprehensive list on his own site: http://ermtony.pbworks.com/w/page/14871689/Snuff%20Links As far as those pewter boxes go, I haven’t heard much good about them. They are rather large and cumbersome and only suitable for tabletop use. Wilson’s commisions them with some designs. Quite a few merchants carry them.

Part of the old Snuff Tobacco UK site. There is a forum that has had no new entries for years. A couple of years ago the owner - name escapes me - asked for people to help get the forum back up and running so I emailed him and got a reply weeks later saying he didn’t have the time to do anything with the forum. Very strange. Not a site I would purchase from.

@SnuffinClown , yes I normally order from MrSnuff and have had excellent service, but was swayed for a moment by the reduction on the pewter box. @Xander, wow thats a lot of links there - many thanks! Yes Perhaps I won’t go for the pewter box if they don’t have a good reputation. I knew they were only for the table, but if they aren’t very good then perhaps I will steer clear anyway. @Snuffster - thanks, I will stay away then. Back to MrSnuff it is :slight_smile: Much appreciated for all your input guys.

@LadySnuff McGahey’s should have some genuine pocket pewter snuffs - just avoid the heavy round ones, last time I looked they had some with 18th century type scenes on them (Tom Buck I think) - they are real pocket boxes. Pewter can also be gently bent into shape to close a leak - and I have never bought new metal snuff box that doesn’t let a few grains out…

@Snuffster - I think you have just “enabled me” ! I didn’t know about McGaheys, and have found out they are in Exeter which is just less than an hours drive away. Will see if my better half fancies a visit to the big city. *big grin*

Lol, ok happy to be of service - it’s a very respected establishment - the owner Martin McGahey is renowned for his tobacco knowledge.

like an acrobat?

I think he might mean human cannon, I didn’t get the impression he meant acrobat. No mention of wires, safety nets, pulleys or indeed any of the riggers that such an act would require. By emission, I have to say, he clearly meant human cannon acts, with or without dancing, multi-gendered/orientated persons. 

I heard they didn’t use them saftey bollocks in london. I may be mis-informed.

I agree…poor stock and availablilty. I used to have them bookmarked, but have dropped them.

Totally agree about McGahey’s, they have a wierd ordering system, but are trustworthy.

Stefan

@Walrus1985 , I think I will be paying them a visit in person to their shop in Exeter . Hubby wants to also look at their pipes & pipe tobacco, he might even buy me one along with some snuff :wink:

@LadySnuff - I’ve been to McGahey’s shop a couple of times. On the plus side it is close to the big underground car park in the city centre. On the down side it is quite a small shop and I think he keeps much of his mail order stock elsewhere. Probably a good idea to give him a call a week or so in advance to make sure he has what you want. That’s what I’ve done in the past and it’s always worked well.

@ermtony, Thanks for the heads up - will do.

My pleasure!