Unopened Levi Garrett and W.E. Garrett Bottle/Tin

Saw this on ebay this evening. Is it really worth $98?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-UNOPENED-LEVI-GARRETT-SNUFF-BOTTLE-TIN-TOBACCO-SCOTCH-RAPPE-PHILADELPHIA-/130492839791?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D200352163497%26ps%3D54#ht_7006wt_1114

No. You can get them for about $10. Ebay is usually full of them. Its quite ridiculous, that price.

Yeah I couldn’t really believe that it would be worth close to a hundred dollars. That’s a little outlandish. 

nice one. would love to get this but it´s a bit pricey for me at the moment XD

there’s quite a few very old unopened snuff tins and bottles on ebay if you look around. I’m interested in buying one and trying it out

I have a few. Quite a novelty having a glass bottle of snuff. They are worth looking for but I wouldn’t want you to pay too much for them… yet. Of the ones I’ve opened I have found the snuff near the top smelling interestingly corky. Underneath lies classic American Scotch snuff. Age has not changed the snuff much but the romance of it reeks in every pinch. Good luck and have fun.

Be careful of the tins.  More often then not they are compromised by rust.  Don’t pay more than a few dollars for a single one.  Anything more is overpriced, unless its really rare.  Come here first and ask if you have questions.

I bought a box of 6 Garrett 1936 unopened bottles a couple of years ago for less than that.

"  Come here first and ask if you have questions.  "

Haha! Nice try, Xander!I

Friends,  If you bring your find here first, you will find you are bidding on Ebay against a fellow who happens to have internet access in his igloo! 

>:P

Go to lil brown smoke shop if you want the levi Garret $15.80, the bottle is made of plastic now. the also carry pocket tins.

http://lilbrown.com/product/tabid/96/productid/3433/sename/levi-garrett-scotch-snuff-plas/default.aspx

the snuff is under dry snuff and assorted items

edm

@mustangii  would love to have that one but i guess to order it over to Germany is a bit much to just get it… mh, i have to think about it.

@Bart: don’t cause trouble! Gentleman’s rules here, we don’t bid against other members if they found it first. I hate seeing someone get ripped off, and rather forearm them with a bit of knowledge before trolling the murkiest depths of ebay.

The advice from everyone is highly appreciated. I will certainly not be purchasing a $98 bottle of Levi Garrett… no matter how old it is. 

Don’t sell yourself short now. It may be that in ten years you will buy a bottle from me for $98. Don’t worry I’ll give you free shipping.  [-X

Surely you know I was jesting you, Alex…I know you’d rather see someone else get a fine deal on an old tin and not get ripped off on some useless dust… 

Yes, I know you are jesting. Just making sure newbies don’t think I would lead them astray.

@Xander i can clearly see your point. 

@Juxtaposer alright give it another ten years and I’ll think about it