How to store and rehydrate snuff as best as possible

Okay so i got a bunch of different snufs in tapboxes (i know i know, i wont do it again unless its poschl XD) anyway i got this airtight plastic container i decided would be a good use, but im worried that the snuffs might mix or somthing if htey are in the same contaier for a long time. Also, i havnt opened the british snuffs yet, but you guys claimed they would be dry, so how will i be able to tell its dry? And also if they are dry, what is the best way to rehydrate it?
btw this is what i got in the mail, all in tapboxes
Poschl Packards Club
Poschl Lowenprise
Poschl Ozana President
Poschl Gawith Apricot
Kendal Whisky
Kendal English Rose
Kendal SP
SG Vanilla
SG Black Coffee
SG Irish D

Help me pleaseee!

Get yourself a cigar humidor. That will help to keep a constant level of humidity, and you can keep everything in your tap boxes if you want.
As for re hydrating, some people here use a saline solution to spray and mix until desired moisture it obtained.

search old threads.  There are dozens of threads on rehydration!

“so how will i be able to tell its dry?”  This is what I was saying. Not to worry though, you get to choose your preferred level of hydration.  http://snuffhouse.org/discussion/5228/rehydrating-snuff/ 

You may want to try them before attempting rehydration. 

Store the menthols separately from the English snuffs.

Store them as is and rehydrate for use as necessary.

Tap boxes are less than ideal, as they loss moisture rapidly.  That being said, however, just because your snuff is in a tap box doesn’t mean it’s dried out.  They key is to order from sites that have a rapid turnover.  If your snuff is fairly fresh, you won’t need to rehydrate it.  For storage, any airtight container will work fine.  I tend to like mason jars for this purpose, but a simple rubbermaid container will work fine.  As to your question about how to tell if it is too dry, you will generally be able to tell.  If the snuff burns and sniffs straight into your sinuses, it’s probably too dry.  Not to worry, rehydration is easy!  Just search, and you will find plenty of info on rehydrating.  Snuffing is really not all that complicated, just relax and enjoy it!

I have just put a tin of ozona english menthol type in a tupperware box with a tissue full of water near during the night. I tried the snuff and it does not make me sneeze anymore and do feel just a little burn does rehydrating snuff lower the nicotine level ? Or does it mean the snuff i bought was too dry and needed rehydrating which would explain the no sneezing ?

Sneezing is caused by irritation, and hydrating the snuff has reduced that. The nicotine content will not have changed. I’m not that familiar with Ozona, but sometimes with WoS snuff for example, they can lose moisture depending on how long they have been sat of the shelf at the retailer. I have hydrated brand new snuffs a few times to make them more suitable for me. Some people like fine and dry snuffs, whereas I prefer the finer ground snuffs to be moist and fluffy. Hydrating snuffs that are supposed to be dry is perfectly fine too if that means you can enjoy them better. I don’t view it any differently to adding salt, pepper, or other condiments to food. We all have different tastes, and should do whatever makes the snuff more enjoyable for us.

2 Likes