Thoughts and Prayers needed!

I just heard a good friend has suffered a aortic aneurysm, not sure he will pull through. His status here is a bit unique, he has never posted here, although he has visited for years, he only has access to web TV, and is unable to log in. He was very important to the Spanish Folly effort here last year, and has talked at length to Roderick, Dave, and Tom. I am not sure if everyone has been notified in his family, and would rather not post his name as of now. 44 is too young to lose him, and his knowledge of tobacco’s is extensive. Please send out a good thought on his behalf, there are a lot of lurkers out there who are much a part of the snuff community, I would hate to lose this one, a colorful character ! Thanks-

Your friend shall be in my prayers this evening. I know how hard it is to lose someone close to you before their time, especially when they still have so much to give.

That’s terrible news - my thoughts and prayers are with him.

My prayers are with him Whalen.

Prayers sent his way.

44 is too young. Wish the best for your friend, Whalen.

What a fucked up thing. Well best of wishes. May all be well despite this trauma.

Vigil at St. Therese’s shrine for him tonight.

HOPING for the best.

I will indeed.

prayers being sent by special delivery. no need to sign for them

I was, and still am mostly a lurker. I wish him the best.

Sending prayers to him and his family…

I lost a dear friend to an aneurysm. I miss her so much. Prayers sent.

Prayers to him and loved ones

Prayers desptached.

Thanks for the good thoughts, still waiting, pneumonia set in. Very unsettling development, we need to keep all the snuffers we can get. I deeply appreciate all the good Karma! I am hoping I am able to take him the Snuff Takers Ephemeris to aid and comfort his recovery.

life is pretty fragile when you think about it. I’am amazed that anyone lives into their 20s considering how many things can go wrong. The other amazing thing though is how persistent life is on a global and individual level. The fact that he’s still around Pnemonia and all is still a good sign. I’am guessing he got treatment really fast. Well tell him I’am betting he’ll make it. I’am pretty good at guessing these things.

I hope he makes it and soon gets to read these messages in fine health.

My prayers are with him. Anyone at risk of departing before their time. I know my anti-tobacco stance has worn out my welcome… I come here to cope with not having snuff in my life anymore because I miss it, but don’t want to deal with the unnecessary uncertainty it causes to my long term health. Life is dangerous enough without tempting fate through acts of unnecessary recklessness, you know what I mean? Tobacco is terrible for aortic aneurysms. It’s the nicotine stimulant that increases shear forces on the aortic wall. At 44 he is probably genetically cursed with a vulnerability tobacco or not, but undoubtedly, if he used tobacco, it is EXTREMELY likely it brought this on even faster. If you care about your friend, help him STOP using all tobacco and not tempt him with nasal snuff or any other form thereof. As dangerous as snuff may be, it is probably the awesomest, most fun and interesting of all tobacco forms, which is bad, because it makes it so easy to use, ya know? It’s kind of like a built in enabler. Everyone makes their choices in life and I respect them, regardless of whether I agree or not. But trust me, I know about these things, get him away from tobacco. If at 44 he already has an aneurysm, his circulation is especially vulnerable to damage; this is exactly the kind of person who needs to avoid stimlants like the plague. God bless