SG Kendal Brown and London Brown availability

I have wanted to order some of the SG Kendal Brown and London Brown course dark snuffs from NicotineRush. Are these always in such short supply? I emailed Tom a week ago he said they were in customs but they have yet to appear in his inventory.

That’s some good snuff, buddy. i’ve been trying to re-order some London Brown from Tom for a while, too. Customs is a bitch. lol Thinking about ordering it in bulk.

Jack I could be your first customer.

Living so close it wouldn’t be hard! lol

Just received my Sternecker Echt Fresco, Perlesreuter Waldler Fresko that you recommended also several of the Benard’s.

ah! what’s your take or have you literally JUST received them?

Got them last Friday, I like both but prefer Sternecker for the moisture level and grind I get dark chocolate and rich tobacco. The Poschl is very course and very moist, good flavor though I do have to stand on my head to get it up my nose.

I usually dump a large quantity of schmalzlers on the back of my hand and sniff as much as i can - i’ve given up on pinching with them lol

You’re right almost have to push the Poschl up your nose it is so heavy it wants to fall out if you don’t grab your nostrils and pinch LOL. I like the strong flavor that’s why I was looking at the SG Kendall and London brown. I have 30g of the Toque Berwick Brown left which I really like.

Evening Jack, NOmad NOmad, if you like the Berwick you will be thoroughly taken with the SG Kendal. Thanks to a recommend from Saucy J sometime back I got the SG Kendal Brown Original, good hearty snuff! Saucy, I don’t recall if it was you that suggested the SG SP Scotch but that is another one that has become a firm favorite of mine. Cheers!

OTG, have the SG snuffs just recently become available in the US? What are the issues in purchasing SG snuffs in larger quantity than the 10g tap box? The Wilson’s seem to be much more prolific in selection and they are an English UK made snuff.

I believe I did recommend it OTD. It’s good to know my sense of smell isnt’t bad. lol I’ve been on a sort of hiatus though from my regular snuffs - really getting into the whole german experience. nothing like a miniature mountain of schmalzler on the back of the hand ready to be sniffed.

I am in no way qualified to answer that one. Entirely too new to the world of snuff, but catching on well! The only place I’m aware of that will sell SG in bulk to the US AND take a CC is snuff.me.uk . Blanket thanks to all the other forum members that brought that vendor to my attention by the way (-:

Yes, I know of that site. But that’s dangerous as far as money goes for me. LoL I would buy the whole shop.

SG seems to be pretty popular now, maybe because their stuff is so hard to get, but I actually prefer the finer grind and more acrid character of the GH Kendal Brown. There’s plenty of it available too.

I could see that Jack. Well, maybe only 40 of them in big drums. At least 5 SGs I don’t care for. Guys, for the Pöschl schmalzlers (or even the Sterneckers to a lesser extent) a salt spoon (bigger than an ordinary snuff spoon) works better than pinching or back of hand. You can take quite a few scoops and you can get the bowl nearly inside your nostril.

Xander what is my wife going to think when I ask her if I can use her little antique salt spoon to stuff German Schmalzler up my nose?

That’s what I used until I got some proper ones on ebay. In fact my salt spoon, which came from my mother’s heirloom stuff, was a little too big. It was ok for a temporary tool. Just clean it well before you return it to salt use. No one was the wiser in my case. ;-} Using the phrase “salt spoon” as well as “snuff spoon” is good for ebay searches. Usually the seller has named it wrong anyway. What really matters is the bowl diamter. Figure out how big your nostril opening is and go from there.