SNUFFBOX CHALLENGE

Hello dear snuff fellows: The Forum is alive…the thing is Summer is very hard…hahaha. Well, I would like to know your opinion about my old snuffbox. I bought this jewel during the summer of 1987 at Penzance (in an Auctionnery). At the cover you can read an inscription that tells as follows : " A reminiscence of my first shot “Right and Left” at Ourial With S.B. : B.L. Rifle Pindi 1882." I will appreciate to hear your comments. Best wishes Pedro Macias

Thats is very nice Pedro, Looks to be in real good shape. Very good jewel to display and have as a conversation piece. And a little on the info: S.B B.L is Single Barrel Breech Load Rifle. Pindi is short for Rawalpindi which is a city in Pakistan. This might be related to the Battle of Tel al-Kebir. Please correct me if I am wrong on any of this.

Filek, excuse me , but this is a snuffbox that was made, for his former owner, in the gunpowder style. During the XIX Century was a fashionable snuffbos type. Best wishes. Pedro

Hello Trotstroker, THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION ABOUT INITIALS. I do not knew the meaning till now. Thanks again. Pedro

Dear Filek : That’s right!!!..I agree with you now!!!..hahahah…is an snuffbox made as gunpowder horn…ok! My best wishes to you, Pedro Macías

Hello Mo, I don’t know anything more of it. The only thing is I bought the box at Penzance, Cornwall, England, during the summer of 1987 in an Auctions Shop. The picture I placed here showing the cover is very bad; I took this pics with my cell phone, and so you can not see well the inscriptions…but I will put a new one better for you to see well. For me is a jewel, and , really, I think allways in his first owner taking good snuff…and then I take a “pinch” to his honor and memory. Pedro