Heads UP! New USA Nasal Snuff Maker Forming

Since my return to San Diego I have renewed a friendship with a pal who is a licensed tobacco manufacturer. On a recent visit I pointed out how making nasal snuff could be integrated into his operation and it looks promising for me to head up that part of the enterprise. He had an immediate grasp of the potential, given the current anti smoking climate and the positive reaction his team had upon trying nasal for the first time. It was impressive for me to see a shipment of 200 kg of his custom blended leaf arrive in a huge box from North Carolina. I will work with this blend for the time being, as it is quite good on it’s own and accepts flavors well. While it is cured, it is rather young and will no doubt improve when aged under proper conditions. I sampled some of this plain and it is promising indeed! I will also look into what’s available in cigar leaf. I learned suppliers are happy to send a few kilos for a “small scale test”. However the minimum purchase for any custom blend is a metric ton - 1000 kg! In several to six months I expect to be able to send out some generous samples for snuffhouse members to evaluate. If there is huge enthusiasm for the product we will secure the necessary licensing enhancements to go into production. I would also like to hear from members as to what they like and don’t like about what’s available on the market today. What sizes, packaging and other preferences do you have? We are not looking to duplicate what’s currently available, though certain popular flavors will probably be on the menu. I am committed to excellence above all in scented and plain snuffs. I personally favor packing in bulk quantities - quarter, half and full kilo tubs. The snuff is best preserved this way and will continue to improve over time. Plus the unit cost can be much, much lower. Looking at the numbers, I think we will have no problem being extremely competitive on price. Thank you for your support. Please post any comments you may have here but send sample requests with with words “snuff sample” in subject line to: aztopstitcher@gmail.com. I will archive all requests there with no chance of losing data. Best wishes, stitch I

That is fantastic news. I can’t wait to see how it goes.

I literally had a dream that someone would do this! :slight_smile: Truly great news stitch! Couldn’t get the email addy to work, though. Fun with gmail…

Congratulations Stitch! Very happy for you man.

Wow - this is wonderful news! I wish you all the best with it, stitch!

awesome. I would love to try some. thanks for bringing a smile to my face.

I think a new US company should have this: A straight-up menthol. A fruity menthol. A perfumed. A toast. And for flavors, I’d look for something different, yet good.

This is great news! I expect that if this thing takes off, you will also be able to bring the “snuffburgers” into full production at some point. Anyway, I certainly want to do my part to help this endeavor, so I feel obliged to offer my services as a tester.

please someone needs to make a black pepper snuff. Trust me it’s awesome people love it!! It’s like the cheese and bacon hard to convince people untill it’s in their nose. Seriously that alone must be done.

Excellent news indeed, Stitch. It’s good to see another manufacturer gearing up to promote snuff. I hope you will have a high nicotine product amongst your offerings.

This is great news. I would live to see a nice smooth plain flavor. There are very few truly plain snuffs. Something along the lines of what Camel cigarette tobacco smells like.

Wow, I really look forward to seeing what you come up with. Like bigmick I’m most interested in the would be plain tobacco offerings, my favorite snuffs being the american scotches and the toasts. Good luck with this new venture.

I’ll just wait to see what stitch comes up with. :wink: It’s kind of like knowing the Bartender at your usual hangout. They hand you something and you like whatever you get.

Nice Stitch! You are in deep, my friend! My wife will be thrilled when my first metric ton of plain arrives!!:slight_smile: Maybe if I can prove to you I can grow some quality tobacco here in Ohio, I could possibly be one of your suppliers? I hope to be so privileged!!! Good luck and keep everyone posted!

congrats, I’d hoped someone in the U.S. would start up new snuff production! I even went so far as to contact one company, gave them a little spiel, and got back a one sentence, rather terse, write off. Best of luck to you!

Great idea, and best of luck to you. I’d like to see a snuff with Lemon in it.

Patchouli scented snuff, anyone? I think that could be wonderful, if it wasn’t done too heavily. Or maybe a good spiced rum scent? That would be awesome if it came out correctly. Good luck with this.

Well, this is really good news! But you should keep one thing in mind: a blend contains 10-20 different types of tobacco leafs. Not only for a “balance” in taste, but this way you secure the quality. You don´t want your product to taste different every year.

Will the FDA allow for flavored snuffs? I know they recently outlawed flavored smokes, including cloves. Menthol is excepted.

Carol I will call it scented rather than flavored anyway!