Chocolate Comparison

I didn’t think I would like chocolate, but have somehow managed to run out. I find it mellowing. I’ve read the reviews of Toque, Dholakia Swiss, and De Kralingse, but would very much appreciate hearing experienced takes on the pros and cons of the different ones. Also, what’s the difference in Dholakia Limited Chocolate and their Swiss Chocolate? Which Mint is complementary? What mixes?

Dholakia Swiss Chocolate is awesome - it really and truly has the flavour of real Swiss chocolate. Toque Chocolate is good too, but not quite as creamy tasting, to me. I haven’t tried de Kralingse, but I’ve heard good things about it, nor have I tried Dholakia’s Limited range.

I’ve tried all the chocolates and, for me, there is but one; Dholakia Swiss Chocolate.

Dholakia Swiss Chocolate is Really chocolaty…really really. Toque Chocolate is quite a bit more mild and to me, the flavor doesn’t last nearly as long, but I found it to be the more balanced of the two. De Kralingse is still on my “to try” list.

Da Kralingse is very good, and different than the other 2. It’s sorta light and fluffy to me. Has good choco flavor.

Toque tastes like a more fancy chocolate to me. Or like a chocolate liqueur. Dholakia is super chocolaty. Great if you are having a sweets craving. The Da Kralingse reminds me of hot chocolate.

1 Like

Carol has it right on all three. Toque is indeed very liquer like, its also slightly fruity. The Dholakia limited tastes pretty much identical to the Swiss Chocolate, but not as strong and the tobacco is a bit more prominent. Its also a finer grind. Don’t rule out Samuel Gawith chocloate! Toque is the one I like best, but other tastes differ.

De Kralingse That is the standard I judge all other chocolates on. I like them all including the Samuel G and even Paul Gotard. Not crazy about Dholakia…but that is my opinion.

I also love De Kralingse. Their Choco, Chococreme, and Chocomint Snuif are the best.

I ordered the De Kralingse Choco, Chococreme, and Chocomint Snuif, Toque, and Dholakia Swiss Chocolate. I’ll get the Samuel Gawith and Paul Gotard next. Thanks everybody.

Herzl habst eine susser-Nase. I’m going to try some of that De Kralingse Chococreme this Fall…I’ve read good reviews on it. Speaking of liquer… an Amoretto flavored snuff might be interesting.

@Herzl Nice order. You will be in chocolate heaven.

Er hat eine süßer Nase. Don’t forget some Latakia Choco’s from De Kralingse.

@cstokes4 Wir werden sehen, wie gut meine schnoz ist. Du weißt, ich werde es mit Scotch-Mix ja? Latakia Ao 1860 Is this the one? If so, it’s coming with: Choco Snuif Chococreme Chocomint Snuif Dholakia Swiss ChocolateToque Chocolate Spanish Jewel/Gem Fribourg & Treyer Princes

Ja sehen wir. Die holländischen Schokoladen sind das Beste. Latakia ist das smokey eins.

It´s quite astonishing, how much the different chocolate snuffs differ in taste. Even the De Kralingse (EXCELLENT STUFF!) are very different whether they´re the Virginia or Latakia Chocolate ones. To me the Paul Gotard Chocolate is as much matching the Dholakia Swiss Chocolate, that I hardly can taste any difference. The only chocolate snuff I´ve had and didn´t like, was the Sam Gawith one. Maybe it´s a typical english kind of chocolate (no offense, but I just can´t associate the flavour with any chocolate available in Germany)? The Wilsons Chocolate Orange is also very worth a try. A bit short lived in the nose, but very delicious.

Yes, the WoS Chocolate Orange is good, I like that. Also Temptation’s Orange Chocolate is good.

1 Like

I make a custom chocolate orange from the Toque chocolate and the St Clements. It’s very yummy! 1 part St Clements, 3 parts chocolate.

2 Likes

Just tried the De Kralingse Chococreme-L, which uses Latakia, and wow, its the best chocolate flavored snuff I’ve tried so far. The smokiness of the latakia and the chocolate compliment each other so well.

Does anyone get a weird “aftertaste” after taking the Swiss Chocolate -Kidnapper