Tooth ache and Snuff

Out of pure desperation I have rubbed my gums with Toque Quit, all around my rear molar that is giving me real pain, and hey pain still there but it has reduced from a sharp pain to a dull ache has any one tried this or know why this should work ?

I don’t know why that works but ground cloves works exceptionally well for that too. If you have any of that around it can provide much relief. I bet a clove snuff would work equally well if not better, if you have any Manjul you could give it a shot. Cloves have very strong anesthetic properties, Anbesol is made from pure clove oil.

Thanks for the advice Snuffdog, I will see if boots is open tomorrow and try some clove oil, alass i have no clove snuff to try :frowning:

And I’ve got a pound of clove snuff, and no toothache to try it on.

It works becuase tobacco is a natural pain releiver. Just ask Namrata and she’ll tell you that in India it is put on babies gums for teething. Also snuff is sometimes used in folk medicine here in the US on bee stings. I have not been stung in many years, so I have not tired it. I have tried it on the toothache thing though. Be warned, once you start rubbing it on your gums, you may find you like it (a lot) and it becomes very addictive. Long term it can cause damage. Back in my diping days, I used to get irritation in my lower front gums from the tobacco and whatever else they put in that stuff. The only thing that would make it feel better was to put more in! Then you get in an addiction cycle…

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Indeed, oldsnuffer. My post was not to suggest any less. Nonetheless, it can ease the pain in the time it takes to get to the dentist. Try sucking on a teabag. I did this when I had my wisdom teeth extracted. The tanic acid in the tea will cause the gums to tighten a bit and it will ease some of the pain, though not as much as snuff, perhaps.

When i had a bad tooth / abscess i tried tobacoo, tiger balm, warm salt water, nothing worked until i tried ‘Orajel Extra Strength’ its similar stuff the dentist uses to numb your gum before an injection, you can buy it over the counter with out a prescription (UK).

I’ve found snuff great for tension headaches, two pinches take one away instantly. Probably something to do with vasodilation?

There is nothing more effective than a pinch of snuff for a headache in my opinion. Hedges works especially well. Stefan

NIcotine is a vasoconstrictor which narrows the blood vessels decreasing bloodflow. Niacin or B3 otoh, is a vasodilator and one of the vitamins recommended for smokers. The stimulant properties of nicotine are likely beneficial for headaches though. Caffeine, another stimulant, is found in many headache medications and believed to increase the effectiveness of the medication.

actualy one of the reasons caffine withdraw causes headaches is because of vasodilation.

never really knew there was another type of ‘vaso’ apart from vasodilator

Tanks for all the advice guys, im off to the dentist this afternoon.

Snuff has certainly helped me in my migraines. Summer is just about over here, and usually, I would have a cold each time the weather changed, and frequent headaches. Its been 6 months+ since I am using snuff and my cold has disappeared. Also, the frequency of my migraines have gone down by at least 50-70 percent.