Snuff in the USA

How many of you are in the US? I’ve been trying to get everyone I can at work to try snuff and so far I’ve only gotten 1 person to try (They had me add a couple tins to my next order for them). Whenever anyone sees me take a pinch they think it’s weird/disgusting/illegal because it’s snuff instead of chew or cigarettes. Has anyone else had any luck converting the masses who are huddled up outside in the cold sucking down their cancer sticks?

If someone is curious but a little put off by the idea of sniffing tobacco I just say. " I felt the same way before I tried it ." Or " I used to smoke cigarettes too, but now I like this much better." " AND you can do it inside."

I didn’t even have much luck trying to convert friends to RYO much less snus, snuff is even more of a weird concept to most. Quite a few people won’t even try it, and the ones that did haven’t pursued it up to this point. So…nope, not one convert yet, although I’ve only been at it for 2 months myself, maybe I’ll have some luck yet.

I’ve found that most people think I’m doing ‘drugs’. When asked what the hell I’m putting up my nose, my first response, with a very serious look on my face is: Brown Heroin! The usual reaction I get is ‘no way’. This usually leads to some laughter and I’ve now opened up a line of communication which leads to some discussion on snuff. I’ve actually converted a few this way. LOL! Tom NicotineRush.com

The user and all related content has been deleted.

I’ve got plenty to try it & lots of friends who will pinch some of mine when I’m around but they won’t commit to buying their own yet. They are still satisfied using their cigs or dip.

I have gotten a few well 3 to try some they seemed to like it but were not ready to give up the cancer sticks. I started another thread on this sort of thing you might like to read Leman. http://snuffhouse.org/discussion/1378/1/convert-the-masses/

I suppose the other problem is the health warnings on the snuff containers. They all say “THIS TOBACCO PRODUCT CAN DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH AND IS ADDICTIVE” After i’ve spent a few minutes telling the person how harmless snuff is they read that warning and don’t beleive a word i’ve just said! As someone has already pointed out they immediately associate the word ‘tobacco’ with ‘prolonged and horrible death’ and yet millions of people still smoke. Something funny is going on here…

My woman really enjoys snuff. I have gotten one other friend to try it, a guy I work with, and he really seemed to enjoy it. Him and I used to get together and put…other things in our noses, so I knew he would be up for it. Other than that, I have really only offered it to one other person, another guy I work with, and he seemed hesitant. I forgot to bring a tin to work, so he hasn’t tried it yet. I’m not sure if he will. That’s about it. ~Snuffy

double post

All my friends pinch my snuff. What I find funny is they are more respectfull of it then cigerattes. Like if they spill a tiny amount they’ll apologize yet if you bum them a cig they’ll let half of it burn without puffing. Strange

True. No quality at all.

Hey Bob, I take it you’ve never had a good quality RYO cigarette like a Stokkebye or any of D&R’s blends? I agree 100% that commercial cigs are junk though, and they are barely cigarettes anymore being made with recon, scraps and who knows what else.

Oh I definatly have. Used to be my main tobacco method actualy. Even though they are much better quality I still think they aren’t really that great compared to other tobacco forms.

To each his own Bob and thankfully theres many forms of quality tobaccos available that we can all enjoy. I sure have been enjoying learning about snuff and am surprised it took me this long to find this out!

double post