World's Largest Collection of Snuff Online
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Coming soon...

Drupadi Snuffs from Indonesia

With the pandemic, Indonesia's international postal services have almost completely broken down, which means I haven't been able to order from Mr Snuff since about March. I've made a serious dent in my stock over the year, I'm now down to my last kilo or so. In desperation, I did a search for snuff on Indonesia's big online shopping service, only to find a local producer selling a range of five different types, under the brand name Drupadi. One of them is a clove, another a fruity mint, the third a strong mint, while the last two are natural tobacco. With a bit of research, I found that they are produced from a good tobacco shop based in Central Java which specializes in reasonably good local cigars and pipe tobaccos.

I figured my safest bet was to try the two natural tobacco varieties first. The first one was called Kuwera, a fairly light but likeable medium grind, medium moist product with a good, clean, fairly neutral tobacco flavor. Not bad.

The second one was called Yama, made out of a local spice tobacco called Srintil which some people smoke in a pipe. Straight, it's a bit over the top, bitter and with a smoky texture that seems to stick in your throat, although it's good mixed. And that was true of the snuff, too. In fact, I found a mix of 75% Kuwera, 25% Yama resulted in an excellent, interesting, quite unique snuff that I could easily use regularly throughout the day.

I would prefer a slightly finer, drier grind, and I generally like high nic snuffs like Dholakia White. This doesn't quite meet that standard for me, but it's certainly a very creditable local product.

Here's a link to the online shop, although I doubt they'll be able to handle international orders, particularly not until we re-establish some sort of connections with the outside world. But for interest's sake, here it is:

https://www.tokopedia.com/entengcigars/drupadi-snuff-yama-srintil-hard-flavor-20-gram