Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Worldwide distributor of the finest in snuff, chew, RYO, pipe, accessories and much more.

Viking 500g Container Question

Hi there Snuffhouse, 

I was wondering if any of you here in the U.S. had any experience purchasing Viking snuff in bulk. When placing orders from Mr. Snuff, I try to only purchase products that I know come in vacuum sealed cans, as I find these snuffs both arrive fresh and can be stored for long periods of time if unopened. Viking Dark has become my all day go to snuff. I go through one 25g can a week,  so i'm considering purchasing it in 500G bulk. However it appears to not be shipped in the vacuum sealed cans that the 25g lots are sent in, but rather a clear plastic cylinder. My question is, if I place a bulk order, can I count on the same fresh fluffy snuff when I open the 500g cylinder after shipment that I enjoy when I pop open a new can? Once I open it I intend to transfer a small amount to a mason jar, and vacuum seal the rest with my home vacuum sealer. Any tips or info would  be greatly appreciated!

Happy snuffing!

-Raindog

Comments

• Well everyone, now I feel silly. It looks like I posted this same question years ago. 

• I haven't ordered a 500 g drum, but I suppose the snuff in bulk container should be fresher than in 25 g tin.

My half-full 100 g plastic tub of MdK St. Omer No.1 is still pretty much as fresh as on the day of purchase in the end of 2016. I store it in an unheated room (below 10 C during the cold season and up to 18 C in summer) and open the tub only 3-6 times a year. It's been a while since I last time indulged in Omer, but I'm sure I'll find it in the same shape when I visit the place next time.
  • I have ordered Viking in the 500 gram tub. It's two years old and I keep it in the fridge. It's pretty much as good in terms of freshness as when I bought it. I don't think you have anything to worry about at all. Of course when you receive it, it's at it freshest, but at least for the V Brown, as long as the lid is screwed on tight, it'll be good. You can always add some moisture if you need to.
  • tboyertboyer Member
    I've never tried Viking bulk, but the other bulk snuffs I've tried seem fresher in bulk, and that includes SG which is packed in vacume sealed tins