Ice Liquorice - New Blend From Wilsons

Hi All, Brand new Wilsons blend now available Ice Liquorice. We’ve been asking various manufacturers for a liquorice snuff for ages, we get many requests for a true liquorice snuff from customers; so those who’ve been having to ‘make do’ with aniseeds (oh the hardship!) should be chuffed to bits with this new Wilsons flavour! The ‘ice’ part in the title is menthol, the liquorice speaks for itself. The menthol doesn’t over power the liquorice, it’s nicely refreshing and the liquorice is long lasting in the nose. Speak soon. Tim

Thanks for the update, Tim! Good to hear about new snuffs.

Im sure I had a liqourice snuff called ‘Tucky’ years ago., Have you heard of this or am I dreaming?

Yes, Tucky still exists. I got some from Rajek’s a while back.

well ill go 't foot of our stairs!

FYI I just added this item to SnuffReviews.com so whenever someone gets it, I would love a review. I have always hated black licorice and after tasting Aniseed snuff I feel it is exactly the same. I guess if you like it though there may be a difference.

Hey, does this stuff taste anything like Lowen-Prise?

Ice Licorice is one of my favorite snuffs. In comparison to Lowen-Prise the Wilsons product is much smoother in texture similar to O&G. It is not eye watering in menthol like the Poscl and has a more sweet licorice taste. The tobacco is much different, the Wilsons is again like the O&G. The Poscl is more deep and complex and competes with the licorice flavor after the menthol fades. I’m happy to have licorice in my nose and am glad to have both these snuffs available as they are not the same and both very good. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info Jux. I finished off my box of Lowen-Prise and find myself missing it now. I took to using it just before going on walks in the cold weather. Never much cared for licorice before but it seems to compliment the menthol nicely. May have to give the Wilsons a try on my next order. As for the O&G comparison, I guess I’ll relate more to that soon as I have my first batch on order at present. Just kept hearing too much about that one to put off trying it any longer.

This snuff;s not bad, but I must say I’m a little disappointed. Although I do like strong menthol and take Hedge L260 to start the day. With this Ice liquorice, the menthol is to strong and tends to over power the liquorice.

That sounds agreeable to me Snuff Head, since I value menthol first and liquorice second. Never would have guessed I’d like any kind of liquorice, just goes to show how amazing snuff can be.

I’ve never been clogged by a Poschl blend. In fact, I take extra large amounts because they clean me out so good. Maybe its an allergy thing or something.

I think it is the grind. I’ve noticed if I sniff a poschel like it’s fine cut (read cautiously) I find I don’t get the clog. I think it gets further back in the nose and clumps up in there. Just a theory no idea really. But when I snuff lightly with poschels I don’t get clogged.

Oddly, its the opposite for me. I need throat drainage to avoid clogging so I take the Poschls as deep as possible. I wouldn’t dare attempt nasal suicide by doing that with a finer, dry blend tho, especially an American Scotch. Those I just barely sniff. I have gotten clogging from some of the thck schmalzlers tho and I have to really snort the heck out of those to get them in.

Don’t forget ladies that in some neighborhoods the goal of a snuff is to blow dust out of your mouth. Not that there is anything wrong with what you do.

I just don’t like when the fine powdery ones go into my lungs. Makes me cough and I know it can’t be good for me.

We just received a shipment of Ice Licorice at MrSnuff. Don’t forget to look for the secret page!

I love Ice Licorice - I find it smoother than Lowenprise and I like the menthol hit, which I find complements the licorice nicely.

I like the Ice Liquorice, but prefer the Aniseed and Euculyptus. The Ice Liquorice is a bit harsh, where the Aniseed and Euculyptus is a lot smoother.

Tried this tonight for the first time. WoS snuffs are fun because you never really know what to expect on a new blend until you actually break the seal. Its definitely liquorice. I always figured aniseed and liquorice would be so similar as to just boil down to symantics but there is a noticeable difference to me. Liquorice is more sweet and candy like while aniseed tends to be a bit more herbal. Anyway, the first thing I noticed right off was the strong liquorice taste. For a few seconds I was turned off by the sweetness but it soon faded into a smooth aroma, especially as the menthol kicked in. After a few more hits I could tell that this was different yet enjoyable for me. This is a strongly mentholated blend too. But thats good for me since I like menthol and the Ice part of this one didn’t let me down. I enjoyed this snuff and look forward to finishing off my tin over the next few days. I consider this a “fun” snuff. For anyone who hates mentholated snuff or just absolutely detests liquorice then you might want to skip this one. Otherwise I’d recommend this as a cute cousin to Lowen-Prise, different yet similar in a way. I look forward to trying the Aniseed and Eucalyptus next.