Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Worldwide distributor of the finest in snuff, chew, RYO, pipe, accessories and much more.

Which snuff clears your head with greatest effect?

The only thing I have mentholated at the moment is Red Bull and it seems to stuff me up more after a very short period of clear breathing. I realize most of us respond differently to varying snuffs but wanted to see what works the best for other members. I can imagine that those higher in camphor or eucalyptus might be more effective to some than those which are more like true menthols.

Comments

• Most any Schmalzer will give me a front, and back drip.  I just wait a few minutes and blow my nose and I'm WIDE open.

• These work well for me:

Hedges L260
    6 Photo Medicated #66
    Polar Prise
    Gletscher Prise

• Menthols open me up momentarily, but then rebound and clog me up worse than I started out.  Hedges L260 rebounds the least for me, so it's the only menthol I use.

I find a good oily schmalzer (natural, with no added menthol or scent) opens me up fast, and leaves my head open.  The excellent chocolate and raisin smell/taste is a great bonus!
  • Maybe I need to revisit schmalzers, I stopped because when out for an extend period drinking (getting drunk), they can make my head spin.
  • Zebra2374Zebra2374 Member
    edited December 6 PM
    Personally, nothing clears me and keeps me clear like Gekachelter Virginie.

Edit: Except maybe SWS Havana Toast.
  • Another +1 for Gletscher Prise. And Red Bull Strong.

• edited December 6 PM
    Red Bull Strong is what actually made me ask this as I got very stuffed up from it after the initial flow it created.
  • ar47ar47 Member
    Southwest Rootbeer #2! I love the tobacco and the aroma, but WoW! Every time I pinch it a few minutes later I get a ~10 sneeze sneezing fit
  • I guess everyone reacts differently, it acts like Afrin for me.

• PennanngalanPennanngalan Member
    edited December 8 PM
    When I am suffering from congestion/menthol-lock, I reach for an American Scotch (Superior is my personal choice).  I find that a fine and dry snuff opens me up in a way that medicine wishes it could claim to do!  i am  not the only member to think This, try iy you may be pleased with the result ts

• Sturco/JIP as far as menthols go. But Toque USA W&H probably clears me out even more. Ambrosia gets my nose running too... wonder if it's a rustica thing. 
  • Super M and SM Gold are my 2 power house menthols I use now and again. Both have good camphor which seems to hit the mark.
    My normal menthol is O&G but if I need something stronger I reach for the ones above.
  • Hands down USA W&H. As far as menthols then Dholakia Medicated No. 10.