Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Two new Fine Border snuffs.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Two new Fine Border snuffs.

Fast and Loose Reviews (early draft)

edited November 4 in General
Only Toques so far but I'll continue compiling a more comprehensive list of all the snuffs I've ever tried and will be trying.  Hope this can serve as somewhat of a crude guide to help some folks navigate the crisis of deciding what to order, although it is based solely on my subjective experience.  I got this idea from another member's post from 2017.

Toque Original: nice balance of bergamot and brown sugar. 4/5
Toque Natural: barnyard (alfalfa, manure).  4/5
Toque Natural Toast:  I get a wood-fired brick oven with something dazzling and dessert-like.  5/5*
Toque Almond Toast:  warm carmelized toasted almonds on a shortcake.  5/5*
Toque Peach:  peach skin / peach fuzz. 3/5
Toque USA Peach: apricots and menthol. Similar to Gawith Original but more balanced.  5/5
Toque Coke:  I detect real coca-cola flavor.  Too fleeting to get a hold of. Very short lasting.  4/5
Toque Strawberry:  freshly picked strawberry.  3/5
Toque Apricot: strong, lingering cardboard scent/taste.  1/5
Toque Grapefruit:  brief whiff of sliced grapefruit on the counter, minus bitterness. scent evaporates soon in tin (2 wks).  4/5
Toque Violet:  like having a flower stuffed up your nose.  soapy and petal-like.  2/5
Toque Lavender:  laundry sheets. 2/5
Toque Rose:  not the flower but the rose garden.  "green"  3/5
Toque Lime Toast:  toasty blast of lime salt (Twang)  5/5
Toque USA Lime:  zesty twang on an oiled base and oh so moreish.  5/5*
Toque Spanish Gem:  unlit cognac-drenched cigarillo in a lovely medium-fine grind 5/5*
Toque Ambrosia:  bananas, apples, grapes, rustica. coarse grind. 4/5
Toque SP Extra: bergamot balanced with a rich, medium-bodied tobacco.  lasting scent. 5/5
Toque Quit:  hint of bergamot, dominant scent is on the bitter side and resembles crushed black tea leaves.  on the strong side nic wise, medium-fine.  4/5
Toque USA Kentucky Bourbon:  Tennessee / Irish whiskey 4/5
Toque Bourbon: campfire on a toast. 4/5
Toque Whisky and Honey: Highland single malt on a toast.  5/5
Toque USA Whiskey and Honey: toast and butter with a sugary musk. 4/5
Toque Toast and Marmalade: toast, orange zest,  hint of confectioner's sugar, fairy dust.  5/5
Toque Chocolate:  chocolate-flavored pudding from the refrigerated aisle.  3/5
Toque Berwick Brown:  citrus peels and a lovely balance of lavender & violet conjure the images of a renaissance era violin shop and saddles hanging in Spanish cavalry stables.  5/5*

1: Ech  2:Meh  3: Hmm  4: Yup  5: Wow Ser  5*: heroic craftsmanship

Comments

• I like this, keep it up.
  • @captainblackboogers oh no doubt.  I had basically lost all interest in snuff after 2 giant orders were lost in the mail for almost 2 months... until they just showed up out of nowhere.  My my, how the tables have turned.  So it goes in the throes of addiction!
  • as bob has said to me before it takes time to know a snuff and I in no way want to suggest to anyone that these initial reactions have any pretense of capturing the full experience and essence of a snuff.
  • edited November 15 PM
    @haveawhiffonme  If i were to review snuff, it would not be helpful at all:

Toque Quit:  delicious
    Toque peanut butter: tastes like peanut butter
    Six photo cheeta, strong and good
    Navy plain: good

I'll just leave the reviewing to you and others who are more capable..Looking forward to more of your reviews.
  • I have been snuffing so long that I can't review any more snuffs other than catagorizing them as American, menthol, floral or Indian. Or rappees, or fruity or German. I went through a phase of reviewing snuffs but prefer to read reviews written by someone else. I still refer to Tony Bart's excellent reviews and also Juxtaposers detailed reviews.