Do some snuffs make you feel sleepy ?

Not sure what is going on, but when i take the black rappee, which i truly enjoy, soon after i feel a bit sleepy… Maybe it’s me, or maybe its the snuff. Any ideas if this stuff could be sending me into la la land. If so I’ll just use it at night.

oh yeah. Nicotine is a complex drug. Doseage and absorbtion rates effect how much of the stimulant or depressant effects you get. More coarse ground snuffs absorb slower so are more likely to make you sleepy. The scents and other ingredients can also change these effects. This is why cigarettes and pipes for example have a different buzz. And yes that’s the simple version.

4 Likes

no, but I really wish they did; id sniff myself to sleep.

1 Like

hey thanks bob… the plot thickens…ha ha…im really gonna have to select my snuffs carefully.i always thought nicotine was just a stimulant…and i know for sure the tom buck, special sp, and hedges wakes me up…i didnt even suspect a snuff could make me uber relaxed until i was falling asleep.

1 Like

I wish there was a snuff that makes you sleepy. I have to stop snuffing an hour or two before bed; otherwise, I’ll lay awake with my mind running for an hour or two.

There could be some truth to smaller amounts of nicotine having a depressant effect. Smaller amounts of alcohol have a stimulating effect.

2 Likes

get some black rapee sammyd13, nail a bit of that, and if it affects you the same way it effects me…youll soon start feeling a bit sleepy…in fact im noticing even kb special is doing the similar.

1 Like

I agree on the coarser grinds. A more mellow effect than fine grinds, typically.

4 Likes

Elmo’s Reserve chills me right out, that too is a coarser grind.

2 Likes

yes i would agree the darker coarser grinds chill me out …maybe turn me sleepy is not the best description…chillout sounds much more apt…

2 Likes

Reduced snuff intake / prolonged intervals between pinches always make me sleepy. Snus (of any strength) often does it to me, too.

1 Like

it’s not just amount of nicotine but absorbtion rate

1 Like

I took black rappe and it is the most sedative effect i had from snuff. Sws latakia blend makes me sleep like a baby as well. :wink:

3 Likes