Tons of specials all the time.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Odens and Siberia by the roll.

Storage for your snuff?

Hi Everyone!

As a new snuffer I obviously went all in and currently have four orders shipping to me from across the pond - and also y'all know I am going to open each and every one of them to smell and take a small pinch to figure out which ones will be my style. So, my question is this: besides decanting, what are some other options for storage of your snuff (say 3-6 months)? Tupperware/airtight container to put all my boxes/tins? In the freezer? 
-Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Air tight containers preferably mason jars stored in a cool dark place preferably a cellar will keep snuff for decades. Air, light and heat are the enemies of tobacco storage.
  • Some of mine is decanted, but the rest remains in their original tins, in a cupboard or the wardrobe at a stable temperature. The more moist snuffs are best decanted, as they can corrode the tins, but I've had no issues with the drier snuffs
  • I apply electrical tape to the seam of tins of dry snuffs.
    I decant all larger volumes into mason jars.
    I use all moist snuffs first or decant into glass.
    Small screw top tins for all EDC snuffs other than Toque Whisky & Honey. I use a plastic snuff bow because I use about 15-20 grams per week of that one.