Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Be prepared for an excursion where you do not know when you will be back!Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Be prepared for an excursion where you do not know when you will be back!

Toque new range - is Simpson's a good English name?

Comments

• JustinJustin Moderator
    @Roderick FWIW I actually quite like the style of the labels, although I agree with you about 'Germanic snuff', which makes me think that it ought to be tall, blonde-haired, blue-eyed and have duelling scars. Mind you, I'm quite certain that all of us here would be entirely happy with bare metal tins - perhaps with a post-it note for identification purposes?

Good luck with the new designer!
    "Reality," sa molesworth 2, "is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder."
  • @Roderick, just replace "Germanic" with "Oiled" or "Greased".
  • I actually kinda like it, probably looks nice once it's on a nice shiny tin.

But alas, I will wait...for ours is a love that can survive the hardships of this cruel world
  • RogueRogue Member, Administrator
    Yeah..that doesnt look too good...It doesnt mean much to me, if the content is good, all else is good, but I can understand if you want the tin to match the content.

• volungevolunge Member
    edited April 26 PM
    Just a thought:

otto

• If these snuffs are to be new classics, the new look might seem perfect in retrospect. There are always skeptics when a brand changes its look. You need to let it grow on people to know if it is a hit. If these snuffs are up to snuff so to speak, people will either like the new look or not care because of what is in the tin. The only way to avoid gambling in business is to keep doing things the old way.
  • Whatever choice you make we will all like, i think the "old" label has kind of a retro, from the past look. Like when you find a old bottle or pop can in the bush from decades ago.

Whatever you choose i'm sure will be great either way
  • Thanks Guys! I might test the new labels here and see what you think.
  • bobbob Member
    well if I am going to be honest I think most snuff labels are terrible except for the Indian snuffs. They have some great tin designs. So in other words I could not care what the label looks like, but that's thinking like a consumer and not a craftsmen who wants their product to not only stand out but also to say as much as can be said by a label. Either way I didn't think I'd be that interested in the OTTO but frankly can't wait to hear if they sound like something for the rotation. Hmmm could the snuff be sold in "bulk"? But in not bulk sizes? Just spit balling. (seriously how many products do you buy where you can be a presumptive twit and throw your silly ideas right at the guy who makes the stuff? Not many.).
  • Rodericks has a nice ring to it or maybe Old Douglas with the new Manx link. In what way will these differ from the current range?
  • Oops I must read previous posts x 100.

Label looks good but I will stick to the drier snuffs not a big fan of germanic moist snuffs tbh but plenty who are good luck with them.
  • ArtChooArtChoo Member
    Chancellor  reminded me of an interesting fact?

British Summer Time, when the clocks move forward by one hour was named after The First Chancellor of the Federal Republic of West Germany.

Adenauer.

:-\"

• RoderickRoderick Member
    LOL!

• CappadocCappadoc Member
    Any updates, @Roderick?
  • New line will be out in Spring of 2029
    edited May 24 PM
    We have commissioned a new label designer and we are just about to sign off on these. My guess is mid june and they will be on the website. And no 'Theoneandonly' not 2029, 2019 ;)  :P
  • bobbob Member
    however the 2029 line is going to revolutionize not just snuff but tobacco in general. ;)
  • ar47ar47 Member
    @bob it was the first time tobacco was reintroduced to a "tobacco" product since 2024!
  • bobbob Member
    @ar47 spoiler alert....... actually it's all cause of that strain you accidentally created 2023. That stuff is good. 
    I mean really good.
  • mrmanosmrmanos Member
    Where are the new Toques? I looked on the website but didn't see anything new.
  • SammyD13SammyD13 Member
    edited July 3 PM

quae emuncta sunt non pittacium

• That's cause their ain't nothing new.. just smoke up our asses.
  • i-must-not-feed-the-trolls
    I'm so sorry guys. Everything that could go wrong with our label design has. I am such a fussy "B" and everything has to be perfect. I designed our Toque label and I hate it. I feel it looks really amateurish. Our Silver Dollar was designed by our distributor in the US with a professional design team and I love it. We have had so many designs for the new OTTO range that the designer is suicidal. 

The good news is we have one that our demographic have approved. I pray we have them by the end of this month.
  • bobbob Member
    @50foot_trad more like don't feed the entitled spoiled brat.
  • It will probably sound as a broken record, but I have to ask anyway - Any news? Can we still hope for summertime release?
  • JackGraveJackGrave Member
    edited August 1 PM
    As it looks for many months: Nothing, just bah humbug. Carry on! Jack
    P.S. Its a real shame. J
  • The new labels are ready and at the printers. I am aiming for mid August. 
  • Really looking forward to these new snuffs :D
    I think we are really lucky Toque are making even more new snuffs
    New stuff coming out is relatively rare in the pipe tobacco world for example
    So good on you Roderick and Co!!!
  • LMFAO! Looks through this thread and see the amount of deadlines come and gone.. maybe next Christmas.