Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Ice Lemon Sale.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Ice Lemon Sale.

Toque new range - is Simpson's a good English name?

Comments

• How about Darwin's or Darwins? Charles certainly liked his snuff. Has that English sound to it too.
  • Forget making it English, it's not arrogant, just call it "Roderick's Original Blend"

Much like the name, your snuff is a mixed blend. 
  • @Conk

Roderick is quite a good choice.

If he ever has a promotion giving away free samples, he can advertise it as...........wait for it........

FWEE      WODERWICK

:))        =))         

• ArtChoo,

Love it!
  • ar47ar47 Member
    edited August 2018 PM
    I agree that Roderick is a fine name for a snuff brand. Maybe even Roderick Lawrie!

Not Roderick's or RL's. Just Roderick or Roderick Lawrie. Maybe Roderick Lawrie Trading Company Snuff
  • Probably too late now, Roderick. But suggest as it will be an English line, a famous English snuff taker might be appropriate. Samuel Johnson (Johnson's Best or whatever). Or Duke of Wellington (Wellington's; Wellesley; Admiral, or whatever).
  • What's In Your Nose?

Roderick's Dark Velvet
    Roderick's Plain Gold
    Roderick's SP Special

It has a nice ring to it.... 
  • Roderick's!
  • Roderick, and anyone else who can balance my point out. Many great name suggestion, apart from my poor effort ? Everyone seems to be expecting great things, and there seems to be an underlying assumption that this will be Toque's premium snuff line. Maybe as in Wilson's andthe F&T line, or Samuel Gawith and the Viking line. That's an ambitious undertaking, given the high bar set my the currentline of Toque snuffs. That's all an issue for the snuff manufacturer, and obviously recipe secrets etc will come into play. But we snuff users can still hope and dream. I find it hard to think how an already high quality snuff line can be improved notably. That's just my limited cognitive and olfactory shortcomings. But if there's one thing I would hope for is that any new aromatic snuffs would have more 'in the nose' staying power. How that would be achieved, while retaining the hallmark natural character of Toque snuffs, may be a major challenge!
  • I love how remarkably obsessed we all appear to be about snuff. I genuinely cannot wait to try this new line.  
  • Brummell's, after Beau Brummell, close friend of King George IV and fashion icon in Regency London. Also a regular customer at Fribourg and Treyer's snuff shop on Haymarket in London.
  • @snuffyjon
    Beau, was a very famous snuff taker, but not one of life's role models.
    I believe he ran up bills all over the place, including Fribourg and Treyers. He then skipped the country without settling his accounts. I think France was his destination.  He died from syphilis in a mental asylum. It had most probably affected the brain.
    Not a pleasant thought to have whilst trying to enjoy a pinch of snuff.

Cheers.

• I rather like the name Simpson
  • I have to add another vote for "Roderick's"
  • How about Stirling's or Mayne's after the SAS founders (granted, the former is Scots)? Can you get more English than the "Desert Rats"? No history buffs out there...?
  • I'd love to see a range based on classic British feats of engineering...like aeroplanes. Would be great to have tins with names like 'Spitfire', 'Firefly', 'Lancaster' etc, with associated cool colour pictures on the tin. I'm not a warmonger, I just have a penchant for aircraft - it could be done with ships or trains or cars either. Or a combination of the above.
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    edited August 2018 PM
    I'd like to see a range of English snuffs named after English midieval castles like Dover, Stirling, Edinburgh, Caernarfon ect. With the tin art being a picture or painting of the castle.
  • ArtChooArtChoo Member
    edited August 2018 PM

I am putting my head on the block here, as English history varies from peoples viewpoint. 

That is, their nationality tends to influence their interpretation of locations, and events that took place there.

Are Stirling, Edinburgh and Carnarvon Castles English ?

This me being Devils advocate.
    >:)

I do like the sound of a series of Castle Snuffs though.      Nice idea.
    Cheers.

• Roderick tin
  •  Anyone remember the ladies perfume called  Charlie. 
     And the joke at the time,   "Have you smelt my Charlie?"

I don't fancy saying    "I've been sniffing Roderick."

;)

• Where I come from, saying you've been sniffing Charlie might get you arrested. But like any snuff brand, no one thinks about it that way. 

I rarely tell my friends I've been nose-deep in Samuel Gawith.
  • That's a belter Conk.

• PsybinPsybin Member
    edited September 2018 PM
    I feel like the minority here, being American, and my opinion might not mean much regarding these names, but I like (in order):

Roderick
    Lawrie
    @n9inchnails idea for the castle names
    Barrington/Harrington
    Any aforementioned Dickens name
    Pumblechook (or anything rhyming with "umble", as a dessert snuff at least)
    Pratchett
    Chesterton
    Geoff
    Wellington/Wellesley

Simpson invokes too much the TV show, especially for an American like me. Also now thanks to @Icepick, spotted dick sponge. =p  Fortunately, I don't think of OJ.

And as much as I like Monty Python, a name related to that might feel too silly. 

And now.. a man with two noses. (but wait, that means double the snuff!)

Edit: What about Huxley? Crome Brown :))
  • Is Hogwarts available?
  • could just call it English. Simple but lacking in confusion.

• When is the new snuff going to be available?
  • The October 8 or 9 date was obviously a rumor...
  • LOL! Good things come to those that wait. Not long now.