Your own Crazy George.

I was drooling over Toque.com today, wishing I could afford to place an order, and saw that they have Crazy George for sale, which i’d like to try sometime, hopefully in the near future. I love the thought of making mixes and have dabbled a bit recently when I mixed My Quit with some SD Apricot.  Then I remembered I had a mix jar of all the snuffs I didn’t like too much. 

Does anyone else do this? Mine isn’t bad if it’s mixed up enough. I just tried it and, though I can’t describe the taste, I like it. Here’s what’s in the mix:

American Scotch Company Scotch

ASC Sweet like a peach

A little SD Apricot

Toque Whiskey and honey

This jar is a few months old and now I like the Apricot and almost want to give W&H another try.  I thought it was awful. The honey and whiskey smells were too much for me.  Maybe they would be better if I aired it out a bit next time.

What’s in your reject mix? 

I rather like this mix. The Smokey scotch base is softened by the sweetness of the W&H and Apricot SD. 

It makes me want to get a more diverse assortment of snuffs just to dump in to see what I get. I can’t stop 

pinching from this jar. It’s like chasing shots of whisky with an Apricot while standing downwind from a barbeque…and that’s about the best description I can manage tonight.

2 Likes

my reject mix is citric-menthol made out of straight-to-the-lung dry mccrystals sicilian blast,smokers blend,wilson of sharrow lemon grove then some rosinski alter fritz that went “toilet-cleaner” and a dried up rumney’s export - everything drowned with poeschl mix snuff (bad name for that product its pretty heavy mentholated limiting mixing options)

pretty sharp in the nose but alright

i have several other jars and boxes for the good mixes

i need to figure out what to do with rosinski driesener its so dry probably nobody can sniff that and i dont find the driesener anymore on the site in the shop only the jars so it might have been replaced by a mentholated version (maybe the nordisch gruen? which is green like the driesener)
hard to figure out something to put it in with with its rather distinct sweet herbal aroma

SunnyDay no, dont throw away the Rosinskis…both are fantastic but a little special maybe…
try to warm up one pinch of the Driesener with your breath or use it when your nose is a little wet…
and Alter Fritz needs a bit of airing…
Rosinskis snuffs are all of them fantastic and historic somehow,total different from British,Indians etc.

i have a crazy george jar but there is too many snuffs mixed in to remember. most of them came from 5 and 10 gram tins i didnt like. all mixed in it isnt that bad… not that good either

@tobaccobob i know i nearly got all the rosinsiks even in the nice jars and love them the driesener is just very dry i might just get some liquid paraffin from the drugstore and try to rehydrate
you might be right with the alter fritz i think what created this “toilet-refreshener” scent is the orange together with ammonia from the tobacco. im going to order it again and just let it air out a bit next time