Boxcar method working great for dry snuffs

Hey guys
i know every nose is different but for me after trying a lot of things to sniff up some of the really dry english types i found the boxcar method works surprisingly well (forming a cavity with thumb pressed against indexfinger and putting stuff on the nail)
doing this also makes it easy to slightly pinch/press against the nose to control the “flight” of the powder additionaly.
so give this some tries if you are having the same problem

it has become my very favorite technique also great to not spill the snuff compared with back off the hand/anatomical snuffbox. somewhat wind-proof. can be securely aimed to nostril less snuff mustaches :smiley:
looks somewhat civil in public. only drawback is the fingernail of the thumb gets dirty but thats easy to clean

2 Likes

Just started giving this method a go and loved it for a change from my usual pinch

i have tried the boxcar a few times and i didnt much like it. i just tried the opposite yesterday (moist and course snuff) and it didnt work for me. i cant get a tight enough seal around my nose so it just sits there on my thumb

@peacock every nose is different even every nostril i have less problems with the right side of my nose when sniffing very dry snuffs on the left the airflow is too good :smiley: