We always have specials on all the time. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Always tonnes of specials.

boxcar vs pinch

so what is the pros and cons to each? does one way deliver more nicotine or give better scent etc ets

Comments

• RogueRogue Member, Administrator
    pinch gives more scent due to you heatin up the snuff between your fingers, releasing oils and whatnot.
  • 2nd for the pinch technique, easier to do while driving. 
  • Depends on the grind and moisture of the snuff as well as the package. All other things equal, the boxcar is much more convenient when using a tap box, and all other things equal, a very coarse and moist snuff (for example Gawith Black Rappee or Taxi Red) is better taken via boxcar in order to avoid pinching together clumps. Conversely, a dryer snuff is better pinched in order to control the release of the snuff into the nose, and snuffs in a tin are more easily pinched than taken via boxcar.
  • I nearly always pinch. I have more control of dosage and destination, can pre-warm the snuff my holding it a while, and get less snuff sticking to my fingers than with the thumbnail method. I only pour onto the thumbnail for the very last pinch from a snuffbox, when there,s simply not enough left to get hold of it.
  • Pinching. Simple, easiest and best.
  • This, like anything else, depends on the snuff and the nose doing the sniffing.  I usually prefer to use a spoon, and find pinching less appealing, but it depends on the snuff.