Tons of specials all the time.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Odens and Siberia by the roll.

Outside temperature and snuff

RogueRogue Member, Administrator
Heylo. Its -21 celcius as I write this, and Ive noticed I have a hard time smelling some snuffs. Anyone have the same problem in these low temps?

Comments

• Generally I avoid sniffing outside (and / or in the presence of strangers) for ethical / hygienic / safety reasons. But waves of winter frost are quite common here, too, so I know how does it feel. Air humidity can be sharply reduced at such temperatures (both outside and inside), so your upper airway may just gone dryer and less sensitive to olfactory stimuli. Cold is effective anaesthetic, it has general numbing effects on nerves, and sense of smell is all about it. An extra cup of warm drink or a scarf over your nose may be of some help under such conditions.

• @Rogue, try some German snuffs. I find that the oil works good in the dryer weather. I don't know how much my opinion is worth though, it rarely gets under 10 Celsius here. 
  • RogueRogue Member, Administrator
    @yisraeldov yeah, I too noticed that german snuffs smell the same regardless of temperature, but Ive been using so many german snuffs that they bore me a bit now. Its warmer now, and more moisture in the air, so snuff smells normal again.

• Since the temperature dropped, I've been hitting the vape again. In lower quantities this time though, and a 10ml bottle is lasting me around a week. My snuff usage comes and goes, and not only does the temp seem to affect scent, but also the amount of snuff I can use before my nose starts getting sore (blowing/wiping the nose more is probably part of the issue). I'm probably pinching less than 1g per day at the moment, with just the occasional heavier day.

I haven't normally been seasonal with snuffs, but this winter I seem to be moving away from the food and drink based flavours a bit, with the exception of Spanish Gem and Ambrosia, which I believe have a brandy constituent. I seem to be snuffing mainly SPs and plain snuffs at the moment, or perfumed snuffs like Jockey Club, Royal George, and Wallflower. Maybe it's a yearning for spring.