Clogging Snuffs

My favorite snuffs are the kind that don’t clog. For some reason, some snuffs can be taken all day, and the nose stays clear. Others may taste great, but they clog you up. I have no idea what does this. For instance, I can take Tom Buck all day long- huge pinches and never get clogged up. The same goes for Old Paris, SG KB, Toque Natural and Original, Mc O&G, Poschl GletcherPrice, and many others. Some snuffs I really like but they eventually clog me up…It seems to be the very moist type snuffs like President (which I really like!). Unfortunately I like a lot of the snuffs very much but I just don’t consider them snuffs I would carry all day- instead they are night-time once in a while snuffs. I like the snuffs that encourage the nose to flow and give a good easy blow. Others are hard to blow out. Maybe it’s more of the person’s chemistry than the snuff? I’m a big fan of “farmer” blowing and then just wiping my nose. Anyone else have snuffs they can take all day long and never get clogged?

Just about every American snuff, spanish jewel, toque original & blueberry, wilsons strawberry, sg No.1 high mill, sg scotch sp, f&t seville, dholakia green & blue, these are about the best snuffs for keeping my nose open under all day use. bryan, up this way thats known as a “okie blow”

LOL! It works well! By the way, I’ll be up at Golden Trout in a week or so doing some fishing with my son. I’m looking forward to it. I haven’t tried any of the fruit flavors like strawberry or blueberry, but I’ll probably order the blueberry from Toque on my next order. I’m trying to thin down the number of Snuffs I have to only those which I really like to take often. I probably have tried 50 different types…and I can say I always go back to Toque Natural, any SP flavor, and my Garrett Scotch or Lakatia 1860. Oh yeah, and I use a lot of menthol snuffs in the morning and while ocean fishing.

I think the plainer and drier the snuff the less clogging you get, I predominantly use SP or toasts and have no problem…

1 Like

The user and all related content has been deleted.

right in one

Same here Hydra.