Get 50% off selected FUBAR snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Free treat with any purchase of $20.00 or more.

Toque - Cheese and Bacon?

I know why we still keep making Cheese and Bacon, it is one of our best sellers and this month amazingly it went to position number one, but I ask you why? It is no secret I really don't like my Frankenstein; I just want to ask the Cheese and Bacon fans what it is that you like?

Comments

• HitsuzenHitsuzen Administrator, Moderator
    edited October 26 PM
    Honestly, I was totally ready to not like it. I actually happened on the one person within a hundred miles of me who takes snuff, and he happened to be carrying Cheese And Bacon. So I offered him a pinch of OSP Batch #1, and he offered me a pinch of Cheese And Bacon. It ended up being an interesting, smokey, savory pinch. Kind of like Toque Bourbon with some umami. I've never personally ordered it again, but I totally get why people do.
  • Maybe you can tell that by amounts people order (i wonder if there are many bulk orders of it).
    It definitely catches your eye when you browse thru all the varietes. I was oblidged to buy one as i saw one :)
    Can't say i use it much, that cheesy flavor stays for so long it gets annoying.
    Will take ages to empty 10g tin.
  • I haven't had any in a few years, but I ordered it out of curiosity alone when you first started producing it a few years back. I think there was some sort of bulk buy promo going on at the time. I'd already made up my mind to purchase a large bag of Whiskey and Honey, and with the promo 100g of Cheese and Bacon was about the same as getting a small tin and shipping from Mr Snuff.

It was never my go-to pinch, but it scratched an occasional itch for something with a super savory note to it that nothing else has going for it.
  • I tried it last year and when I opened the fresh tin and had a pinch, it tasted like some type new tire, lol. A month later I picked it up and that wonderful fatty, cheesy taste came through... yum... just, yum. It's been in my rotation ever since. If you don't like it as a newb, air some out just a bit and try it again. You'll either love it, or hate it.   :]

• Well I mustered up the courage to try another pinch of this stuff and even after 5+ years in the tin its still overpoweringly... gross :-&

I said it before and I'll say it again, the people who like this snuff are the very same people who squirt those whipped-cream-cans of cheese down their throats like its going out of style.

• IcepickIcepick Member
    edited November 18 PM
    @Roderick the bacon flavor added to cheese gives the punch of the meaty washrind cheeses. I know it's supposed to be blue chz, and it is but I get the impression of stinky feet bacteria as well. So to my nose the overall taste is just good cheese, not so much distinct bacon.
    large_Cowgirl---Library---Oma-m

That being said I can't imagine using it everyday, all day, and running though hundreds of grams if it.

@n9inchnails I suppose this makes me an outlier by your reckoning but remember your referring to snuff takers, a focused group of outliers!