Snuffs for a runny nose?

Dear All, do you have any recommendations for the kind of (or exact) snuff to use when you have a runny nose (to make it feel better)? I only have almost all from India, so if you recommend any Indian snuff, I am sure to have it.

The thing is I am having a very stuffy and runny nose, and am scared to use a medicated, since medicated anyways makes me slightly uncomfortable (I get a runny nose with it and my nose gets stuffed up, so I am thinking using a medicated would be a double whammy now). 

Any advice? Thanks. 

In my experience, the first sniff of an Indian white will make my nose even more runny, but if I get crazy and start abusing said snuff, it will make my nasal walls "crispy,’ and have the desired effect of stopping nose runs. Just my experience.

1 Like

If your sinuses are blocked and your nose is running, that’s your body trying to fix something. Don’t try to stop it. Eat well and drink plenty of fluids so your body has everything it needs for the repair job, and snuff whatever cheers you up.

3 Likes

I find most plain US scotches do wonders for blocked and running noses, clears up even the most blocked up nose in seconds than dries into a rock hard cement coating in your nose that keeps it from running.

@n9inchnails Couldn’t agree more. I just mentioned whites as a scotch substitute given the OP’s proclivity for Indian snuffs.

If my nose runs, I like to stuff some traditional SP up there (it makes the nose dry). If its blocked I take an overdose of menthol snuffs to let it all drain out. If its dry or irritated I take some dholakia herbal.

Sound like an allergic reaction. Use a liver detox for a week or so. Also take Zinc supplements to strengthen the immune system. The funny thing about micro organisms is you can’t see them. I never touch my stash with fingers. I spoon out of it and fill a snuff box. From there I can pinch a few days worth. You can transfer those critters to your stash and they will multiply, as will mold spores and other air born pollutants. Most are harmless until you resistance is compromised.    

I wish you well!  

2 Likes

Toque SP Extra works wonders for my sinuses.