Chocomint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMmi9OGqezc

Any review of this snuff is how it is now and not accurate to how it was. SAD. Should be reviewed and considered a vintage snuff to not confuse how it will be to a nubbie nosers. Cary on as that’s life. Old reviews are what is most accurate.

@nicmizer, you are correct. I should be labeling these type of reviews “Vintage” 

1 Like

@yisrealdov I discovered a neat trick with the grill thing on the Molens boxes when there’s still a decent amount in them. Close lid, shake vigorously, open lid, and a nice dose should be sat waiting for you on top of the grill :wink: They are a bugger for drying out though, and it’s not worth taking the time to hydrate them all unless you’re going to be sticking with one snuff till you’ve emptied the box. I just store it dry, decant some into a day box (usually by cutting out the grill), and rehydrate in small amounts.

@50ft_trad, I get the feeling that grill was meant to be removed.

i wonder how Jaap’s been…

He has popped in occasionally since the mills shut, but sadly we don’t see as much of him on here are we used to.

@1sweetbriar: Thanks for your interest. I am doing well, but no more snuff and no more windmills.  As 50ft_trad mentioned now and again I follow what is going on on this site. Now I spent most of my time studying the genealogy of the family Bes in combination with the local history of a village called Westzaan north of Amsterdam. So still busy.

Kindest regards,

Jaap Bes.

3 Likes

@snuffmiller Great to hear from you Jaap, and good to hear you are keeping yourself busy and out of mischief :wink:

2 Likes

I have fond memories of this snuff. It was the very best chocolate/mint, and probably the only one for that matter. I’ve recently tried the 6Photo Chocolicious, which is chocolate and menthol. Not the same, but it sort of fits the bill. I’m glad that I stocked up on a lot of the others from Jaap. I keep them all in my fridge and only use them sparingly. Too bad they shut Jaap down. He made simply excellent and elegant snuff.

2 Likes

I wonder if any snuffmaker(Roderick,S.W.Scott,Rosinski,etc.)has asked Jaap to share/buy his recipes…would be a pity if they got lost in time…

1 Like

iirc, Roderick stated here about his desire to conserve the recipes. I’m not sure if it happened.

I recall Roderick even offered to buy the windmill…