Practice Post Place.

I have just added a link into a topic here for the first time.

I had no idea if it would work correctly until I actually posted it.    Looks like it did for me.

I have never had any luck posting pictures here at all.

I was thinking that it might not be a bad idea to have a category for computer illiterate  people like me to practice before posting.

Cheers.

edit spelling.

It didnt work for me :stuck_out_tongue:

@Aamon        Hello again.

It looks like it worked for yisraeldov.

And it still works for me.

Definitely well worth having a category for trying out these things in my opinion.

:)>-

1 Like

I agree, was it a photo that you tried to post?

@Aamon

It is a link to ebay in a post about  Gallahers Silver Snuff Boxes.

I tried photos a couple of times but it does not work for me.

This was a copy and paste of the internet address that appears when you get onto some ones site.  In this case  an item on ebay.

yisraeldov had no problem  and it worked fine for me.

Cheers Aamon

The vanilla forms WYSIWYG is pretty bad, and it also removes some characters that it doesn’t like.

1 Like

Use image sizes lesser than 1.5 MB. Anything above that might not work. You can use any online image compressor to get it to 1 MB or lesser. 

1 Like

I give up often. I try to post and it says a gillion characters too long. It was only a photo off the web. My VCR blinks 12:00 12:00 12:00 12:00 12:00 Computers took up a large room at my tech school with big spools of tape , yea I missed out on all that. We had Pong and then Atari, NES didn’t come out until I was an adult. Phones were attached to a cord. You could drive without seat belts and have small children ride in the back of an open pickup truck. You couldn’t buy liquor on Sundays and you could buy any tobacco product without ID and they sold it at health and beauty stores as well  as pharmacies also coin operated vending machines . Driver licence were just a piece of heavy card stock no picture to link your name to your face. The milk man would deliver to your door step daily. You had to be at lease 8 yrs old to deliver newspapers. Authority enforcing control put and end to innocence. Totally off subject but at the speed of technology, it is easy to get lost and simple to some ; becomes overwhelming to the rest.        

4 Likes

@basement_shaman

“Computer Room.”    You had it soft.

When I was a lad at school electronic pocket calculators hadn’t been invented !

The only things we had in that line was a Slide Rule and a book of Log. Tables.

The first calculator I saw in the flesh belonged to a lad at work,   he had rich parents.

It was 1971 or  1972 and cost  around 45 UK Pounds for a Texas Instruments pocket calculator.

Way beyond my pocket as an apprentice.  It was more than an apprentices wages for a month.

In those days office staff used mechanical desk calculators.  Heavy machines, the size of a small biscuit tin. No electricity to power them, just a crank handle on  the side to turn and work out your answer.

There are some things about The Good Old Days best left in The Good Old Days.

Cheers   shaman

1 Like

@ArtChoo I learned math with an abracus  Image result for abracus 

2 Likes

dannywink You got it, kiddo.

1 Like

TEST POST 

I want to see if apostrophes cause text to cut off.

Here goes.      Do not ,     can be abbreviated to don’t  .

Seems to work  Fine