What Tunes You Listening To

JJ Cale ~ Louisiana Women

-didnt see the old, what’s on the stereo or playin’ thread…

These days, it’s extremes depending on mood. Some days it’s Karunesh or something calming. Others it’s heavy stuff like Iron Maiden, Sepultura or Slipknot.

1 Like

@1sweetbriar http://snuffhouse.com/discussion/5433/ot-what-s-in-your-stereo#latest

The American Epic Sessions on PBS. Jack White and T Bone Burnett record contemporary artists performing American roots music on a circa 1927-28 electronic lathe recording machine, to get that classic vintage sound. Some really good songs on there, and some real surprises.

https://www.pbs.org/video/3001575276/

1 Like

@basement_shaman – this might be a better heading for a music thread, since only a minority might be literally listening to music on a stereo hi-fi. I actually have an old component system and listen to LPs and tapes on a daily basic, but when I’m on the computer I stream audio on headphones from all over. Youtube, Internet Archive, Stillstream and other sources. Not always stereo, some of this stuff. I’d even like to know what people are listening to in mono. 78rpm shellac disks? Wax cylinders? Bad VHS tapes of early 80s MTV?

Listing to Roadhouse Blues on Vinyl

1 Like

Sunbelt Revolution, Allman Brothers, Little Feat, Robert Johnson, Robert Cray, Muddy Waters, Mike Bloomfield, Widespread Panic, Mastodon, Drive by Truckers, Dixie Dregs, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Hub Cap City, The Georgia Satellites. Seely, Kites with Lights

1 Like

T Bone Burnett ~ Zombieland

1 Like

@cpmcdil , thx for the link, good stuff, very cool too… !!

:slight_smile:

@cpmcdill I was just pointing out the old thread 1sweetbriar  didn’t see. I could care less if a new thread is created if it breaths new life into snuffhouse, I am all for it. 

1 Like

Just put on my new (old) Led Zeppelin III Vinyl. Great record!

2 Likes

Molly Hatchet ~ Dreams I’ll Never See

2 Likes

@basement_shaman – that’s all I was trying to do, just support the creation of a new thread on the topic. Guess it came across like a bit of pushy rationalizing. Sorry! :smiley:

Now listening to Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions’ 2016 album Until the Hunter. Love the organ drones on the first track.

1 Like

@cpmcdill  Agreed, some times posts are interpreted differently than the author’s intention. No harm No foul!

I take no pleasure in music;  since the time of my extreme hearing loss. It just don’t sound the same and is really irritating for the remainder of  my limited existence. Yes, when life sucks it just escalates getting worse.  My enjoyment hurdles keep ever rising. As do other quality of life issues. 

@basement_shaman getting old is not for the timid.

1 Like

Humph! my post of mostly Georgia bands drew no comment Oh well

@JHigh The Doctors cause my hearing loss . Dying slowly is the worst . And I an not really that old. although when I was a teen I thought  people in their thirties were ancient. 

Some folks grow old Gracefully , I rather grow old disgracefully 

https://www.pbs.org/video/3001575276/

That’s some good stuff … thanks!

1 Like

ACA DACA!

2 Likes

D’Oyly Carte OC’s The HMS Pinafore

1 Like