Non-Tobacco Alternatives

Hey all,

A friend of mine loves snuff taking but is having an issue with the nicotine.

He is very fond of F&T’s “je ne sais quoi” so I was thinking that if he were to add F&T to a non-tobacco flour he could still enjoy it without the irritation and nicotine sensitivity.  

Any ideas for a non-tobacco flour?

You could grind up creeping charlie without changing the scent too much. Any mints or other aromatic herbs will effect the scent. The white non tobacco snuff is sugar with flavor , basically a baby laxative like mannitol.  All the Dholakia Herbals have their own unique scent. Other herbs to conciser; clover, dandelion, raspberry leaf, Green tea,  peach leaf. light in flavor.
 Brandiff used to have some non tobacco snuff But I think they hung their hat up. Some from Thailand are herbal. You can find   Moh Mee on ebay.

I suggest 41 Photo yellow lily Natural because I can’t detect any nicotine in it ,if it has any it is low. I also suggest a 10/1 ratio to mix all the F&T except HDT. To clarify 1 part F&T to 10 parts plain snuff. 

2 Likes

Thanks @basement_shaman

I have never tried that 41 Photo but I’ll forward that info along.

I’m kind of interested in some non-tobacco alternatives myself.  My quiet, contemplative time (when I really enjoy a pinch or two) is usually late at night, but if I use snuff after, say, 10 p.m., it really affects my ability to get restful sleep.  I wake up feeling like I haven’t slept well at all the next morning.  

The only non-tobacco one I’ve tried is the Poschl white menthol ones.  It’s not so good IMO.  

I know 6 Photo makes a lot of non-tobacco ones.  Any suggestions?  (I particularly like 6 Photo Special…)  

Obviously since getting good sleep is the issue, anything with an herbal stimulant effect also wouldn’t be wise…

Bernhard does a range of Tiger nose powders.  I’ve only used the cherry one once or twice, as I don’t trust it.  They use glucose/dextrose so it is marketed as a being an energy snuff, but tobacco free 

The herbal snuff from Dohlakiah ( sp? ) are  pretty good ( I have the mango ). Also it isn’t white, if you have an issue sorting white powder.

1 Like

@yisraeldov thanks for the recommendation.

Dholakia Herbal Non Tobacco Snuff is now available to supply worldwide without any restriction or warning requirements.

Also we do accept Paypal / Bank Transfer as Payment option

Please email on herbalsnuff@gmail for more details

Regards
Manit Joshi

1 Like

@Manit_Joshi, but there is still minimum order like for your other snuff, correct ?

1 Like

@yisraeldov Yes, That’s Correct minimum is only 8 pcs that is also not limited to a single flavor.

You can choose any flavors mix and match your combination.

2 Likes

Either support the man or not, =;  proving you’re cheap. The handling,  packaging,  labeling  and  shipping  takes about the same time and probable around the same cost for one or eight units.  =; :-B

1 Like

@Manit_Joshi Nice to know it’s not fixed to one blend. Allowing an assortment should encourage more people to try. Yisraeldov posted some images and charts and prices on a different thread, but I couldn’t find this on your site. Where did he get this info? Do you have any links? (Full range that you are offering by direct sale, not just herbal)

1 Like

@50ft_trad, they sent me in email. I’ll post them here again.

Clipboardimage2017-05-10132208.th.png Clipboardimage2017-05-10132141.th.png Clipboardimage2017-05-10132036.th.png

@basement_shaman. Do you have something against me? Did I do something to offend you ?  I don’t have anything to do with 8 tins of herbal snuff, the 10g sample I got a few months ago is still mostly full. I don’t want to pay for snuff that I’m not going to use. If that is “cheap” to you then I guess I am guilty as charged.  Also last time I sent a package of snuff to the US it cost me about 3-4 USD for registered mail. 

Also if you are just rolling in cash then why don’t you donate a few tins to us less fortunate. 

@yisraeldov Where did I mention you by name? You must have a guilty conscience. I have nothing against you personally.   Many companies have minimum orders. Some have low order fees. May be they can charge you an extra $5. if you just want one package.   You should only buy snuff you know you like. Don’t take any chances on wasting money. Shipping can get expensive ,example Most orders I made in the past cost anywhere between 35 and 70% of the product total.

Snuff is very inexpensive, cutting out the distributors lowers cost of product and getting it fresh straight from the source is a gift the infrastructure of Dholakia is willing to supply. This means more jobs for farmers, processors, blenders, handlers, the packaging manufacturing company and the postman. By your support you supply these people with jobs. When the company expands it’s service it also means they will have to hire more people for all positions.

Tobacco is not food, it is a luxury item.

Snuff is a hobby, a pass time of leisure and pleasure. As with any hobby you pay the price to partake that include success and failures.

And no I am not rolling in cash in fact I am living at 72% below the poverty level. Due to health issues I can no longer earn a living. Also I do send samples to interested parties and warn them up front, that snuff is a gate way drug, it leads to buying more snuff. The less fortunate? I don’t know how to contact them. If they can afford access to the internet than they are fortunate.  3-4 USD won’t buy me lunch. 

:((

@basement_shaman I’m sorry if taken out of context but I’m sure it was an honest mistake. I was the last person who posted, and the only one mentioning the minimum order. So next time when you want to call some one “cheap”, or some other random insult, might be a good idea to be more specific so the wrong person doesn’t take it the wrong way.

Shipping to Israel is always expensive. Almost always more than the actual snuff, and it takes around a month to get here.

Less fortunate is relative.

@50ft_trad Please provide your email address so I can forward all the details or you can email me on exports@snuff.co.in for all details.

Our Website for Online Order is being developed which might take some time

In the meantime if would like to order directly email me to discuss your Order requirements and our offering.

Manit Joshi
exports@snuff.co.in
herbalsnuff@gmail.com

@Manit_Joshi @yisraeldov Thank you. Email sent.

1 Like

@jbrentoniv Tobacco can be washed. Simply rinsing away nicotine with water will leave you with a plain flour to work with.

The only non tobacco snuff I like is the Dholakia herbal. Not the fruit scent types, but the original. It’s tan in color, very fluffy, and has a strong menthol/herbal note. The sugar based types I don’t like at all. I recommend if you like a snuff that has the nose feel of tobacco, but no nicotine. And, it’s nice before bed if I’ve been packing my nose with high nicotine snuffs. It’s a relaxing snuff. I haven’t tried the fruit flavored ones, but Dholakia Herbal is a very nice experience.

1 Like

I don’t remember, have these been discussed before? I found them by accident on Ebay cocosn2 cocosn1

Powdered Rhino Horn.

Often used by Chinese as an aphrodisiac.

Many years ago, before it was considered politically incorrect to use the stuff. I was given some by an old Chinese man to snuff up my nose.

It had no aphrodisiac effect on me whatsoever.

Just an uncontrollable urge to put my chin on my chest, bend forward and charge headlong at any passing Land Rover.

:))