Reddit Subreddit for Nasal snuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nasalsnuff

I would like to remind people about the reddit page for nasal snuff. It is a really easy to use forum and you can find some really nice people there. They are really appreciative of contributions ( and maybe have fewer crotchety members).

Posting there is really easy and posts never get cut off.

Also it is more-or-less self moderating, so no need to go digging to find good posts.

Do they allow flaming, name-calling, and off-topic fascist rants?  

@chico it is self moderated so those type of comments get down voted and you don’t see them

1 Like

So you’re not happy?  Crotchety Members?

There are also face book pages and sometimes they are a tight knit group. They also can be live interaction with other members in your time zone. I think there are Yahoo snuff groups and Google plus snuff groups also. I am sure you will find a good home. Nothing bothers me. 

I will check reddit out. Always happy to share my knowledge.  

3 Likes

@basement_shaman, not that I’m not happy. I am grateful for all the info that I get here. But some times people can post comments that aren’t in the best taste and then they need to be flagged and moderators need to get involved.

On reddit comments are voted up and down, so you see the most relevant ones. Also comments are threaded. Also it is a much easier forum to use. The Vanilla forms software is really buggy and cumbersome.

I don’t have a facebook account ( and don’t want one ) .

Good luck on all your endeavor.   :-h

2 Likes

I stay away from reddit tbh.

@afterglow, any reason why ? I find the site very easy to use and I see the things I’m interested in.

Anything interesting I’m sure you’ve redit here.

6 Likes

hmmmm, this thread is seriously threatening the forum’s supremacy and exclusivity
new infos… horizon expanding, self moderating… that sounds like apocalypse 
such a wild world out there
hahahahahaha
let’s delete it !!!
hahahahahaha

I just looked at the reddit site, and it doesn’t seem to have different forums, still it’s a resorce so thank you

@Gilliat Supremacy? Exclusivity?

@Hitsuzen, I hope you will check it out. You could be  a real asset there.

@tboyer 

What do you mean by different forums ? 

You can post an article/ discussion and then discuss it. pretty straighforward. 

I’ve been looking though that site for the past couple of days. I dont know, it just seems alittle impersonal or detached (i’m struggling to find the right word for it). It has some interesting topic though nothing I havent read on here, though I have to say it is very easy to navigate. All im trying to say I guess is that its not really for me, I love the family/group/collective nature/feeling that I get from this site that I havent really seen or experienced elsewhere.

Thank you for the reference though.

1 Like

I think there’s a lot of validity in joining multiple groups, meeting as many people as you can. Snuffhouse was my first snuff group, but I’m also a member of Nasal Snuff Takers and Modern Snuff (Facebook), Cigar Geeks (forum), Distinguished Ruffians (mostly Instagram), and Briar Nation (both Facebook and the standalone forum), which I consider my all around tobacco related home group. I get something different from each one. Here, for example, I see the widest exchange of information, while at BN I enjoy more personal connections.

I only use Snuffhouse. I’ve found the various pipe forums to be unpleasant - crippled by groupthink, condescending to noobs and light users, obsessed with hoarding, and the pitchforks come out if you don’t follow suit. Reddit seemed a little soulless when I visited it in the past, and Facebook and YouTube (well, Google as a whole actually) are data raping parasites who I avoid them wherever possible. Besides which, if it isn’t here, it’s probably not worth knowing anyway.

4 Likes

@yisraeldov Forums as in separate section for different topics, such as types of snuff etc. So if  want to find out about “snuff spoons” I would go to the Snuff Accessories section

@tboyer, no, not really. If you wanted to find out about snuff spoons on reddit you would probably just post a new question. 

There are sicky posts that can be added to. And also “flare” to tag.

@50ft_trader

That was the kind of “crotchety” behavior I was referring to. Not you personally, but calling Google “data raping parasites” . Google is not stealing your data any more than any one else. What is more, google will let you open an account without entering your real name, unlike services like Facebook.  Do you really think google is worse than any of the other big technology companies ? What are you doing about it ? Are you only posting on sites that aren’t indexed by google ? Do you use only duckduck.go for searching ? Do you use linux or some other Open source project for your main OS, ( and I’m @hitsuzen’s worderfull snuff doesn’t count) ?Â