Golden Horn.

A new snuff from Sir Walter Scott’s Fine Border Snuffs

A dry, lightly toasted, finely milled blend of Turkish Prilep leaf tobacco and beautiful, fragrant Basma from the tobacco fields of the Xanthi district in north western Greece.

Regrettably, in view of the new EU regulations, this snuff; the recent small replacement order of out of stock brands and all other existing SWS snuffs should now be regarded as limited editions.

As in there will be no more?

Ordered some with my last order. Looking forward to trying it.

Thanks for the heads up Johnny. Sorry to hear you’ve been so affected by the new regs. Your creations have many admirers, and if they are to become the latest casualties, it will be a big loss for the world of snuff

1 Like

Just ordered a small tin, together with the Latakia, neither of which I’ve tried. @Johnny, very sorry to hear that it’s limited. I’ve enjoyed your range immensely over the years.

1 Like

I have a 50 gram tin of St James Parish in the fridge that I opened last night in honor of this thread. It is a very good snuff, but the perique has a strong flavor and a strong drip. I don’t know why people complain about the SWS drip, for me that’s part of the charm. But with this one, I think I’ll just take a pinch or two at a time, then go back to another snuff. A great snuff, but 50 grams will last a while

1 Like

My next order is sure to have the fill ins of one’s I have not tried yet. Looking forward to have at least one of all the offerings available from such a credible snuff maker.

1 Like

Just ordered 2 tins, Sounds right up my alley.

Same here I also ordered two 15g containers.Is it a limited edition?I’m just wondering…?

All production from here on out are presumed to be considered “limited edition” as I’m under the assumption that is the news as of now. @H_R

Fantastic snuff. Lovely grind and dryness that I have found easy to take. Many layered scent that reminds of my grandfather’s pipe tobacco. I feel I am becoming an SWS disciple like Lunecat, not a bad thing I hasten to add.

As above though if Sir Johnny Scott has packed in blending snuff I will probably stick to what I have and not but anymore. There is no point getting attached to a snuff that you will soon no longer be able to buy :confused:

@Johnny could you elaborate further on all SWS products will now be regarded as limited edition? Does this mean ceasing production all together, or continuing production of these snuffs in very limited quantity?

Aamon - thank you for your concern and apologies for any confusion.

I announced that SWS products would have to be regarded as limited editions henceforth, due to the complications involved in attempting to conform with these monstrous EU Regulations.

As things stand at the moment I am still in production and God willing, hope to be able to continue with a reduced range. I have yet to decide which will have to be culled, but the dry snuffs - Lundy Foot, Golden Horn, Havana Toast etc will continue and some of the moist ones, particularly Creme de Figue.

Johnny

7 Likes

Yes!!!  ^:)^ Thank you @Johnny

Good news indeed!

:)]

Pliff the man. WHO has gotten way too much power. They started this war against tobacco and seem to be winning. At this rate they will make it Illegal to use any tobacco. I hear in some countries you can’t even grow your own.  

1 Like

@basement_shaman … yup, Australia is one of those places …

1 Like