Moistening old snuff?

Hi all I have a dozen packs of Gawith Hoggarths snuff in various flavours/scents. I got them very cheaply as a kind of “job lot”, probably it was old stock. The scents are fine but the snuff itself is rather on the dry side. Is there a reliable way to re-moisturise it without it going all cloggy? I appreciate it may not be possible to get it all back into the little plastic boxes. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

This link to an old discussion on this and related topics has several methods: Adding new life to snuff

You can do quite a bit as the post above will show, but I always find something is gone forever when they dry out. Old dry snuff, however, makes a pretty good base to try a few home made blends on - by using greater or lesser amounts of moist snuff you can get it from the consistency of a HDT to as moist you like.

Thanks guys … on reflection I have decided to just dump them - I am not short of snuff, having 30 other sorts to use (all in good shape). They didn’t cost a lot, so it isn’t a big loss.

Old snuff that has been remoistened needs to rest in a tightly sealed container for at least week or two to bring out the flavour.