Schmalzer: How its made

If nobody has seen this information on production before. I have read different ways schmalzlers are oiled, but this tells about it how its made. I’m in love with the schmalzler! http://www.poeschl-tobacco.com/en/products/schmalzler-production/

Cool article!

a few snuffs I have never heard of before in that a few ozonas and the karibprise

https://youtu.be/gWuYTjO6ba8 I found this YouTube video which is showing Bernard Snuffs being made in the 70’s or 80’s I have no idea what they are saying but it is interesting.

4 Likes

@CanuckSnuff, that was a cool video!
I think I got a contact buzz from watching that

1 Like

Goodness that was a lot of tobacco dust in the air.

Did you see the size of that snuffload at 0:32?  That’s a monster hit.

1 Like

I feel like a Nancy boy after seeing how much that guy took at :32

@JosephJames don’t that’s schmalzer the tobacco is weaker then snuff tobacco. You need to take a pile. Though it goes in pretty smooth. It’s really the cake of snuffs if you ask me.

1 Like

Thanks, Bob. I have two Sternecker schmaltzer styles tobaccos but I haven’t taken them much. My daily lately has been Dolakhia White. I may get into the schmaltzer styles later. I did enjoy the video.

1 Like

Even though its weaker in Nicotine, that pile is about half the amount in my whole tap box.

that is schmalzer pile and that’s just how it is in my opinion.

yep that’s just how schmalzers are taken, in huge piles

2 Likes

Yes indeed - cram it in there and enjoy. Unfortunately, I get horrendous drip with it, which means that I don’t take it in public. It’s just too messy…

1 Like

I believe from what I have read that it is the oil which makes schmalzer ‘weaker’, I guess it coats the grains and seals off some of the nicotine. I bet if you don’t blow it out and end up swallowing most of it via post nasal drip, you’d end up with a lot of nicotine in your system eventually.

I think if measured by the total intake of nicotine, it is not that weak. However it comes slower than with English types. I have no data on this, just my experience.

1 Like