Makla Ifrikia

This post definitely belongs in the “Other Forms of Tobacco” section of the 'house. I thought I was ordering nasal snuff, but now I think that’s Maka NEFFA Ifrikia. Can anyone confirm this? The nasal snuff is not mentholated, I am hoping. Anyway, after a bit of disappointment–or wth?–upon opening a very heavy tin to find a small, gray, flattened hockey puck apparently made of clay, I did some searching here and on the net, but couldn’t find a lot. This must be makla. Taking a piece to bake, I saw that its texture is more like septic tank solids. Considering that, it didn’t smell bad. I baked a small prilla for the upper lip. Despite the appearance of decaying organic waste, it didn’t taste bad and the flavor was not strong. I spent a few more minutes trying to figure out if I need to spit. By that time I was fully nicotine saturated and dumped the prilla. For a product that’s 1/3 tobacco, it is packed with nicotine! It made a solid pellet without runs or floaters, which makes sense, as 2/3 of the product is “texture.” I’m ok with my mistake, as this is certainly different and I like novel experiences,. I’d like to know which one is the snuff and if I need to spit this stuff, though. “It’s people! People! You’re all snusing people!”

@TerrapinFlyer, I ordered this a year ago under the same preconception. I opened it and was like " wth"? It’s some strong shiznit though :wink:

I like the Makla Aficaine Bentchikou it packs a punch. and just tried the Makla Shems .Certainly not an all day Snus. but I like it once in a while, about half a normal pris. 

Now I tried Oden’s extreme los ,Malka is like candy. The los is all rustica and the taste is horrendous! Don’t use on an empty stomach. To make it palatable, I tried flavoring it but the rustica over powered it. Finally  I mix it 20:80 with other loose snus; Like Roda Lacket & General Los Tried 50:50, 25:75 and it still was nasty. It will be awhile before I finish this can, since I only mix a small amount at a time.   

1 Like

Favorite video review of Makla (in this case Bentchikou), hillbilly style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im8z5-X9iNo

3 Likes

Hi @TerrapinFlyer!
Definitely, the nasal snuffs are NEFFA IFRIKIA, natural fine dry in 8g blue plastic “puck”, and NEFFA GREEN, the mint (not menthol) version in 8g black and green plastic “puck”. I find them somewhat harsh, as if the alkali used was the same that in oral MAKLAs.

MAKLA IFRIKIA is supposed to be spitted, as it can be very harsh for stomach… but anyway it depends on your liking. Some old algerians do not care about spitting and are used to gut it, but I would not recommend it.

MAKLA oral stuff does not have a long shelf life, as it tend to dry out in the plastic tin varieties (Africaine, El Kantara, Shems), or to rust and corrode the metal tins, sealing them from the inside. It is its expiry date signal: if you are unable to open a tin of M. IFRIKIA, then it is dated.

1 Like

Thanks! @snuffvillian. That’s what I wanted to know. @cpmcdill. I saw that video a while back and thought of it when I opened the tin. @basement_shaman that’s not promising for the Oden’s Extreme in my fridge. Oh, well. I’ll be trying it soon.

@cpmcdill, this is one of the funniest videos I have seen from Outlaw…guy is nuts

1 Like

i love how he goes into some faux chinese jibber jabber while being possessed by an African spirit
* Mexican African spirit, that is

@TerrapinFlyer  Well let me know if you like it. My taste is all messed up because of chemo. So you may enjoy it.