Italian Snuff?

Hi all … I am off to Italy for a holiday in a week or so. Does anyone know if there are any snuffs readily available there? Cheers

I don’t have a clue - although there is a link on the Toque Snuff website to an Italian snuff forum, maybe an idea to ask there as well? http://www.toquesnuff.com/links.php

I dont know if they are available everywhere in italy:PicturePicture 2…an here, at the bottom of the page:Shop

This is a older message from the admin of the italian forum, posted at snuffhouse: Hi there! I’m the admin of tabaccodafiuto italian forum. We are the first italian forum dedicated to snuff and we are “very young” (forum born in the past november). In italy not many people knows the existance of this kind of tobacco and then it’s very hard to find any kind of snuff in italy. Italian snuff are: Santa Giustina, Leccese, Sun di Spagna, Zenziglio. (don’t remember other :-D) But its VERY HARD, something like impossible, to find any of this snuffs (i never have seen any of these). …link

Thanks guys … I am spending most of my time in a small town where I doubt I will find anything … but I am spending a day in Verona which may have a more serious tobacconist. I’ll make sure I bring the lists - failing that I will just produce my snuff box and mime taking a sniff! :slight_smile:

sant’Antonino is a good snuff if you can find it.

I hope you do find some Didache…I’d like to try some of that!

Troutstroker … cheers for that. A name is always useful. At the least I can see the Italian words for snuff. Lazarus … if I can find it, I will certainly get you some :slight_smile:

the packaging is similiar to the poeschl bags. even more so with the other pictures from the links. coincidence?

Yes, that packets either they copied exactly the Pöschl design or its from Pöschl. I guess it is from Pöschl . Pöschl also has participations with italian tobaccodistribution companies. @Lazarus: Unmistakably german, made in italy :slight_smile:

If anyone reads this old thread: there’s a 50gm unopened package of Sant’ Antonino snuff in eBay at the moment(1/19/17) for $27, but they’ll take offers.