Old Mill; Unguarded

A very sad day.  Old Chloe, our Maine Coon Guard Kitty has passed away.  Seems the old girl was tired and had run through her nine lives twice over.

She died peacefully in her sleep with her favorite HDT tin filled with paperclips close by.  She had one hell of a run.  I will miss her very much.

My condolences. I’ve lost too many beloved kitties in my time. :frowning:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about Chloe,@chefdaniel. My 20 yr old Black Cat, Ravi, has been gone for eight years now and sometimes I still expect to see him. How old was Chloe?

2 Likes

She was about 25, give or take.

1 Like

Heartfelt condolences. Still, as you say, she had a good run and I have no doubt she also enjoyed a home where she was worshipped with proper ceremony. I am dreading the day when the inevitable happens to my own elderly cat - I will be inconsolable.

1 Like

My sincerest condolences, Daniel.  Losing a furr-kid is always heartbreaking.  I’m glad she made it to such a ripe old age, though, and had yourself to care for and love her.  Take Care.

2 Likes

My deepest sympathy, chef. Nothing more to say.

1 Like

May she rest in peace. Please accept my condolences. I am such a lover of cats, that I feel losing one is like losing a dear friend or family member.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss.It never easy when a member of the family passes weather it a blood relative or a master like the guard kitty 

1 Like

She was one of a kind.  She decided, on her own, that the dogs were not allowed anywhere near the mill.  Strictly enforced.  Nothing quite as amusing as a cat chasing a Doberman and a Rottweiler out of “her” mill.  Then she would go into default mode and curl up at my feet.

Chloe was a great friend.

4 Likes

Rough times - sorry to hear Daniel!  Losing pets is hard, sometimes harder than losing humans in my experience.  Glad to hear she went in her sleep.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. It’s always hard to lose a pet, especially after that long. 25 years or so was a good run.

1 Like

RIP Chloe.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss.  I understand.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss @chefdaniel I just had to put down my bull mastiff. His name was Brutus and he was 14 1/2. Totally out lived the life expectancy. I totally understand how you feel.

Very Sad Daniel. You have my sympathies. 

1 Like

My condolences, too, Daniel.

1 Like

condolences on the beloved chloe… i still miss Batman, a mean as hell Tom but was personable…he was 16 when he passed… 

1 Like

My family’s thoughts are with you, Daniel. May Chloe rest easy in the big Old Mill in the sky. She was as much a member of this forum as any of us.

1 Like

My condolences, Daniel.  I haven’t been around the forums long, but I’ve always enjoyed being regaled with tales of Chloe.  She sounds like she was an awesome friend.  Perhaps a Chloe blend in memoriam?

1 Like