Acclimation to snuff scents?

For a lack of better word, do any of you get acclimated to certain snuff scents. What I mean is, after snuffing a certain snuff does the scent lose strength? When I first bought poschls gawith apricot, the menthol was decently strong, but gave way to a strong scent of apricot and the menthol went to the back of the profile. The last week I’ve been snuffing it, the menthol is there, but the apricot doesn’t seem as strong unless I go outside or scrunch my upper lip to my nose. I’ve been snuffing this one outside and while in the car due to this. Anyone else have this issue?

From my experience, factors that can affect scent include: Hydration level of snuff Personal hydration level Air condition/humidity Pinch size/method of snuffing How “aired” the snuff is Nose condition/congestion levels I have had a few days pinches of WoS Chocolate Mint today, and I would go to say each pinch has been slightly different to the last, and indeed slightly different to the last time I had a few pinches. The first pinch today I got a real blast of peppermint and very little chocolate. I took a larger pinch next time and the peppermint was tamer and I got a fuller chocolate scent. Same snuff, same day, same nose, different results. I’ve also had a few pinches of WoS Strawberry and WoS Butterscotch. Both seemed far more flavoursome today than when I first open the tins. Snuff scent varies. All the more reason to arm yourself with a few different options.

I figured there would be a difference due to some circumstances, but I’ve never gotten the full strength of the Gawith apricot like I did that first week or so, the closest I’ve come was taking two big bumps one for each nostril then going outside where it is breezy. When I take big bumps the apricot takes over in the long run, but if I take smaller more often bumps the apricot doesn’t come through. I’m awaiting the sale of some pipe tobacco so I can place some orders of snuff to try more variety. I don’t seem to be smoking my pipe as much as I’m snuffing these days.

@Psicko - part of it may have to do with going “nose-blind” to a particular aroma with prolonged exposure, the way that over time you might get used to the smell of your dog in your house to the point where you hardly notice it, while a visitor might feel like they’ve just walked into a vet’s office, or the way that you may not notice the smell of your cologne on you after a while, but someone you meet might notice it on you quite strongly, or again the way cigarettes don’t have a particularly strong odor to a cigarette smoker, but after you quit you can smell a smoker a mile away.  Having a number of different snuffs in rotation can help avoid going nose-blind to any one particular scent.

@MarkM, that’s the word I was looking for. I don’t have too many snuffs yet, but thats what I was thinking. Unfortunately that one is my favorite. I have decided to put it away for awhile. Hopefully I will have a few more snuffs soon to add to the rotation.