Rehydrating los snus?

Found an ancient can of Roda Lacket Los…  a bit crusty,  be a shame to waste it. Worth saving?

Fill a spray bottle with distilled water, spread the snus on a flat surface and spray it. Put it back in the tin and wait for a few hours. Worked for me.

1 Like

The way I’ve taken to rehydrating snuff and pipe tobacco is in a tupperware box. Wet some paper towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. Put this at one end of the tupperware box, and place your opened tobacco tin at the other end and pop the lid on. 10g of tired snuff will fluff back up overnight, and a full tin of pipe tobacco will take a couple or three days. I see no reason why this wouldn’t work on other stuff too.

@Jernej Thanks, will try that. Just wasn’t sure how snus would rehydrate, as I’ve never had this happen before.

@50ft_trad Yeah, that might work, but snus has a moisture content somewhere around the 50% by weight, think it be a bit easier to directly add water.

+1 for jernej’s method. I’ve done it right in the can with brands like skruf in the plastic can

Send it through a sieve and snuff it

1 Like

You may also want to transfer into a plastic snus tin or an air tight container after the snus is rehydrated. Those cardboard ones General uses for loose are no good unless you go through it quickly, it will dry out again.

Just found a new way that works with portions at least. I pulled some half dried out snus from the freezer, then let it thaw on the counter-- boom, perfectly hydrated, no work involved :]

I hydrate portions by sticking them in my mouth. Shazam 

1 Like

X_X  ^:)^  \

@basement_shaman