Your top 5 Indian Snuffs

What are your top 5 Indian Snuffs? Haven’t tried any Indians yet myself…

Can’t stand any of the ones I’ve tried, something about them just throws me right off.

Depends on what you’re looking for. 

Nicotine = Dholakia White ,41 Photo White Elephant, 6 Photo Cheetah, Fubar Willie Pete

Clearing = 6 Photo Special, Anarkali, Kailash ,Motia 

Menthol = 6 Photo # 66

Medicated = Dholakia Medicated No 10

Dessert = Dholakia Swiss Chocolate 

Other desserts from Dholakia, Temptation, Blast and Wow. Q Snuff and Fubar 

And do try a Madras when you can.

4 Likes

^ ok I will give them a whirl when I can. Getting a bunch of old mills first. Once I get all the old mills here. I’ll focus on the Indian snuffs B-)

NC Madras (easy to use snuff with hints of some kind of topping but mostly tobacco)
Dholakia Swiss Chocolate (all time best chocolate snuff ever)
FUBAR Bohica (same tobacco base as Swiss Chocolate, plus capsaicin - will put hair on the chests of anyone within 50 feet of you)
Dholakia White (very fine, strong, and clean tobacco scent)
6 Photo Kailash (overwhelming incense and menthol snuff - masks the tobacco flavor, but still good)

2 Likes

I think some people get put off if they first try a stinky, temple-smelling, highly fragrant Indian snuff, and then assume they are all like that. At least, that’s what happened to me. But then I found that plain Indian snuffs are very often excellent, honest, strong tobacco snuffs.

They don’t seem to do mild snuffs, least  not plain ones.

1 Like

Is NC Madras the snuff equivalent of Esoterica Penzance (pipe tobacco)?  :slight_smile:

@DireWolf no way! it is very inexpensive ,the problem is not availability; it’s you have to buy a 12 pack of 50 grams.  http://hookah1.com/HOOOKAH2/index.php?route=product/product&path=6\_21&product\_id=63. You certainly can obtain some then post it up for trade or sell what you don’t keep for your own stash. I am sure you won’t have to sit on it for very long. NB Madras is the tough one to find.

Ah.  I meant NB Madras… $30 is a lot for snuff, but not after a good run at building a pipe tobacco cellar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only Indian snuff I’ve tried is Dholakia Sparrow, which was part of my very first snuff order about 4 months ago ( I’m a noob ). Distinctly fishy to me but in a very agreeable way and fairly heavy in nicotine. Out of all my other non-Indian snuffs I can’t think of any other quite like it, but I’ll be having some more in due course.

41 Photo Himtaj doesn’t get mentioned a lot but it is my favourite. I prefer the black slightly over the golden.

2 Likes

That’s hard as i love so many Indian Snuffs, in fact they are my goto Snuffs. For me personally i would say No.66 Super Kailash Anarkali Kailash Ganga

3 Likes

I’ve loved Super Kailash since first sniff… It was the first snuff I decided to buy in bulk. I’ve recently picked up Kailash and Anarkali, and while I enjoy both, Super Kailash remains number one among Indian snuffs for me. Next up: Motia!

2 Likes

@Tobe could you describe Super Kailash for me ?

@Marielle32 Like most other Indian snuffs I’ve tried so far, it’s primarily incense scented, though there is some menthol given that it makes my nose run every time I use it. I detect an aroma very early on that I equate with horse or cow manure, which is followed immediately by the incense… Others have described it as a “barnyard” scent. It sounds worse than it is. I wish that I had a nose like some other members of the forum which allowed me to recognize faint background scents and specific herbs, but sadly I don’t, so I’m probably not the person you want to see reviews from. I’m going to try some SK now though and see if I can do better! EDIT: I can’t add much to what I already said, but it’s one that I would definitely recommend.

1 Like

Top 5? I only have 4 :"> I have Anarkali, Kailash, Super Kailash, and Dholakia Black. Super Kailash remains unopened. I have a small taster of the others very occasionally. I do actually like the scents, but I find them rather messy and better used with a spoon whereas I prefer to pinch. Of those four, my favourite is probably Anarkali.

1 Like

@50ft_trad Agreed, trying a pinch of these would definitely be messy. I use a boxcar mostly, but for these I use my spoon.

I haven’t tried a whole lot of them, but here’s my list, in no particular order: Dholakia Madras Toast Temptation Orange Chocolate Dholakia Swiss Chocolate Dholakia White Dholakia Medicated no. 10

1 Like

@Marielle32 Sandalwood stands out over the other scents. It’s quite easy to use. 

2 Likes

6P Super Kailash
41P White Elephant

@Marielle32 To me Super Kailash smells of nag champa, candied anise, sandalwood, with a hint of mint.  It’s “exotic”, like walking through a Indian market if the spices and the incense were in the same aisle.  I’m sure it’s not for everyone, but I love it!  =P~

3 Likes