My new snuff box

Im so impressed by my snuffbox from patrick that I’m giving it its own thread. I got the padauk round this week and have been using it at work. I don’t know if I have got a particularly good one or something but this one seems to keep the snuff in perfect condition, certainly better than any of my other boxes - just a superb little box.

I find the same - the snuff keeps well in those boxes. I have three of them now, one square (cherry), one round (oak) and one mixed (mahogany). The lids on all are good and tight fitting, particularly on the cherry one, so I keep my current dry toast (Wilson’s No 22 now) in that one. The mahogany one always has a coarse, dark snuff in it, usually Kendal Brown (SG KB Special right now) and the oak one I use for whichever light, scented snuff I am using (SG Cob Light at the moment). All three get admired in the pub.

I have IHT22 in mine at the moment, good choice.

I love my little box from Patrick - it’s brilliant! The lid is really tight and it holds my Cinnamon snuff really nicely. My father (a very critical man at the best of times) admired the box on my last visit to him and commented that it was very nicely made.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Took mine down the pub today and baptised it with beer

‘baptised it with beer’ love it! LOL

Yeah, just a little drop on it! I read once that in the old days, barmen would shine the polished wooden bars with a rag dampened with beer so just tried it on my snuff box, made it shine nicely!

I also got a padouk round box off Patrick and agree totally with Snuffster, they are brilliant little boxes that do the job perfectly. Mine has Toque Original in it at the moment. Stefan

I just got my snuff box from onefortheroad today. I’m impressed. Its the perfect size - i was worried it might be too big. This is my first snuff box and I like it. I got the mahogany alternate btw.

Just ordered a Padouk. Can’t wait to get it.

Do you mean before Patrick gets famous for his snuff boxes? He’s selling them on snuffstore I think. I hope he does well with his boxes.

Yep, they are on Snuffstore, but much more expensive (I think they are about 13 pounds, whereas he sells them for $16, shipping included).

snuffy said- “Yep, they are on Snuffstore, but much more expensive (I think they are about 13 pounds, whereas he sells them for $16, shipping included).” It should be noted that if you buy directly from me you are getting it at the US price “wholesale” rate, same as retailers pay. Naturally, the retailer needs to see a profit. Without them we wouldn’t have snuff to put in the box. roderick said- “Look after these carefully guys, I suspect they will become collector’s items in the very near future.” If I see my time coming I’ll try to go out in a blaze of glory. I’m sure that’ll make 'em worth more. Maybe I should cut off an ear?

Do it, chop it right off - you are the Van Gogh of small padauk snuff boxes, so get with the ear Pat baby

You got to do it, hell I cut my hand up for the science of snuff the least you can do is cut your ear off! BTW I have two of your boxes and use them every day. I love them so much, they keep HDT perfect for some time.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

@Farley - Don’t those boxes keep the HDT perfect? I just love it, there are times where I don’t take a pinch for a few days. When I get back to pinching, it is still perfect!

I really like my box, too! It’s perfect size. I also have a Sharrow box for longer trips, and one of those neat German boxes with the peg. Both of those boxes hold a LOT of snuff. At least 10 grams. But I really like the smaller box because it fits nice in the pocket, and holds enough snuff to keep it very fresh. I’m very proud to show off my box.

I don’t know what it is with these, but I don’t have any other box that keeps the snuff anywhere near as well - the guy is a wizard