Snuff for the ladies?

Hey hey everyone, So a surprising development from my lady friend. Having switched from chewing tobacco to snuff after several years, she was naturally happy with the transition. What I was not expecting was for her to ask to try some. I gave her a pinch of Old Paris, and to my surprise she loved it. Now she’s asking me to add something for her onto my next order. She is a smoker, so maybe its a good thing. I was thinking Bordeaux (she definitely likes the beautiful bottle it comes in!) , or something nicely perfumed, but was wondering if any of your gals have a snuff that they like. She was not however a fan of the Viking or any of my Schmalzers. Any recommendations? Thanks! -M

My wife liked Toque Lavender and Violet best.

Cannot speak for the ladies on here but if you are leaning toward a floral, I would recommend Toque Rose to anyone. It is a very nicely done floral.

My Gal likes White Elephant but then again she likes me. Indian Snuffs are alway a hit with the ladies, Kailash come to mind

Very good, I appreciate the tips everyone!

My wife’s favourite smelling one is F&T’s French Carotte

if she is an old hippie you can’t go wrong with F&T Patchouli :-/

I’d be surprised if women’s taste in snuffs doesn’t parallel mens’. I find in the pipe world that many women enjoy complex blends like latakia, VaPers, Balkans, English and Virginias. So with the vast array of snuff flavors/smells/concoctions they will find some of these to their taste just like the men.

1 Like

Matter gets it. I like scotches, plain toasts and SPs best. Hate florals and most fruity snuffs. I tend to dip into my flavored snuffs (mostly Old Mill and some odd Toques like Peanut Butter) the least. When I smoke a pipe, I like Frog Mortons. I favor plain full bodied cigars when I smoke though. No flavors. I’ll stick the cigar butts in my pipe and smoke em before I’ll get into cpmcdill’s elegant pipe tobacco stash. I just like the smell and taste of tobacco. Women are individuals just like men. We all have different tastes.

The volcano lady always liked Dholakia White, but it’s not really very ladylike. Perhaps try Fields of Juniper?

@RainDog: According to the historical recipe book the Bon Bon we have revived is specialy for ladies. Jaap Bes.

The fems. may like Kendal GH M4X.

I have noticed that women often get steered by tobacconists to “lady cigars” ie flavored minis and petite coronas, as well as goopy aromatic pipe blends. I think when it comes to snuffs, it’s best not to underestimate the feminine appreciation of bold tobacco flavor, nicotine content, and “masculine” notes like leather, barnyard, and muskiness. Whereas women might want to wear certain perfumes, it is because those perfumes are meant to be attractive to men, and not because they happen to personally like the smell. Snuffs don’t have a “room note” so the motive for favoring the fragrance of a snuff may differ greatly from choosing a perfume. A woman might like a more “masculine” snuff because of the associations it evokes, much as men might like a perfumed snuff, as it might call up memories of past loves, or (no judgement implied) Oedipal associations. There are hundreds of scent profiles, and there are hundreds of motives for choosing what resonates most for us. If your lady friend responded so positively to Old Paris, get her a big tin of that. I wouldn’t push florals unless there’s already been a positive response to that genre. Personally, I think Old Paris is a masculine snuff, with hints of leather and musk. Maybe less bold than Viking, but “just right.” If you want to encourage a passion for snuff, start her with what you know she already likes.

Fully agree with @cpmcdill. The keyword here is not “lady” but “likes Old Paris”, “does not like Viking or Schmalzlers”. Sex is not important, she needs the common trial and error we all go through :slight_smile:

my girlfriend is a particular fan of Poschl Gletscher Prise and GH Cherry. she likes the aroma of Abraxas Cafe11 and chocolate snuffs, until they are in the nose, most notably BOHICA (though not surprising >:) ). hates perfume scents, lighter than black plains and ammonia heavy ones. Indian scented (black ones) are usually a hit, whites not so much.

@SkeG Come now, sex will ALWAYS be important =))

Mr snuff sell She https://mrsnuff.com/she-c-118\_53.html haven’t tried it so I don’t know? It is a dholakia product and the base tobacco is easy to use. temptation ,blast, wow and q snuff have this base. Just have her choose some .

I again asked my beautiful bride of thirty years what her thoughts were. I don’t know why. Her response remains the same. Wilsons of Sharrow Raspberry. She’s a bit dedicated, I reckon. I do wish she’d at least consider an Old Mill in there somewhere. I’m not willing to take the risk of attempting any persuasion techniques. She’s a keeper, so I don’t care what she sniffs. Damnit.

Some of the Old Mill snuffs are very pleasant, Moulin Rouge and Spotted Dick come to mind. And also Rosinski Sans souci.

Sans Souci is becoming my new eye opener. Like a vodka free screwdriver with a nice nicotine delivery. WoS Raspberry. I’d rather a .45 suppository than a hit of that creepy creature. Is it a fruit? A medicated? An abomination and waste of good tobacco? YMMV. Just don’t tell my wife.