What do people outside of the U.S. think of camel snus?

Do the Swedish people use camel snus? What do they think of American snus? I use General which is about the only Swedish snus in America That I know of. and I also use camel snus. Camel is more sweet, I think it’s pretty good. I like the mellow flavor and winter chill. Anybody outside the U.S. Use this snus?

Camel snus is only legal for sale in the US. Northerner sold it briefly several years ago, but RJR put the clamps on that pretty quickly. I doubt many outside the US have tried it. There is a brand labeled Camel snus on the Swedish Market but it is NOT the same as the American brand. RJR only owns the brand in the US. Swedish Camel snus is not available to the US. It can be done but you have to be sneaky and have a friend in Sweden.

I hate camel snus, it’s far too sweet, I can’t keep them in very long as the sweetness makes me feel sick. The Swedish camel was one of my favourite snuses until they discontinued it.

It’s a good thing that RJR Camel Snus cannot be sold overseas. It is nothing but dog turds. It should not be allowed to be called snus. IMHO

RJR Camel Snus is nothing like real Swedish snus and not very good once one tastes and develops a liking for real snus…but many smokers have been brought to real snus after dabbling with the Camel flavors. As a vehicle to move away from cigarettes and lead the way to harm reduction Camel does have a place.

1 Like

I was thinking of buying one, To carry my flake tobacco around for the air tight box and dump out the contents. But I don’t know what kind of mileage I would get out of one. If I run into someone buying C.S., I may ask then for an empty.

1 Like

They’re out there: ebay.com/itm/like/371290542442?lpid=82&chn=ps ; - ))

@Burnsey I don’t need 10. besides the metal is impressed with camel snus. I wouldn’t want someone to think i used it. Camel also have sticks,orbs and strips. http://www.tobaccointernational.com/1208/feature3.htm. If they only made a better product. It would be convenient. And I won’t mention Marlboro, shit I did. :-&

I’ve encountered a few Swedes over the years who have tried it and they find it laughable that it’s even allowed to be called “snus”.

1 Like

Uggh…The Camel Snus container is the only quality product involved with C.S./

1 Like

^^^^^   =D>     agree

1 Like

Never tried it or the Marlboro Snus but I read they are Horrendous.If you’re are going to use snus buy real snus. 

I use the Mellow Camel Snus.  I use General as well, and like the salty flavor to it.  But, I have a sweet-tooth, and the Mellow gives me the sweet and the nic I need while I’m at work, with no one being the wiser.  

:slight_smile:

I can completely see how a traditional snus user would not like the Camel snus.  But, I’m a sucker for it.  

Mark

1 Like

Camel Mellow was my first snus, I tried it back in 2010 on a trip to the states. It tasted like cake batter covered in Splenda. Bad memories.

2 Likes